Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e95 vs. e97
11-29-16, 01:30 PM
e95 vs. e97
What is the difference between the Raymarine e95 and e97? I don't know what the Sonar addition is for the e97. It does not appear to come with the transducer, so is it just the e95 with the capability to interpret Sonar input? Also is there anything other than looks that is different about the eS95?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-16, 01:38 PM
RE: e95 vs. e97
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum daknecht,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Per the FAQ, ex7 MFDs feature internal 600W 50/200kHz fishfinder sounder circuitry while ex5 MFD feature no internal fishfinder sounder circuitry. As indicated by the FAQ the eSx MFDs have been designed as the successors the e9x and e12x MFDs. As successors, the eSx MFDs feature improved hardware designs.
11-29-16, 02:36 PM
Can you elaborate on the "improved hardware designs"? I had a hard time telling what was different from the web site information. The only thing I could find is "glass bridge" and I don't know what that means.
11-29-16, 03:38 PM
daknecht,

The eS-Series MFDs feature bonded LCD screen eliminating any possibility of condensation forming between the window and LCD. The eS-Series MFD LCD screens also feature Multi-Touch, permitting pinch to zoom. The chart reader of the eS-Series MFDs has been designed with a rubber plug to provide improved resistance against water intrusion. The eS-Series MFDs also support use of the GA150 External GNSS (GPS / GLONASS) Antenna.