Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot without rudder reference
12-02-16, 10:24 AM
Autopilot without rudder reference
I have an S2 autopilot with a p70 control head and a linear motor with a flux compass. Is there any way to make this unit work
Without a rudder reference?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-16, 10:41 AM
RE: Autopilot without rudder reference
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hooligan6a,

Unlike Raymarine's latest generation of autopilots, the Evolution autopilots, the S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G autopilot course computer were required to be interfaced to a rudder reference transducer.
12-02-16, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-16 11:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So what do I have to add to get this to work? Will the EV1 or 2 work with the S2?
12-02-16, 11:28 AM
hooligan6a,

You will need to procure a M81105 Rotary Rudder Reference Transducer for the S2 Autopillot Course Computer. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to obtain parts for Raymarine products.
12-02-16, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-16 11:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have the rudder reference M81105 but I am having a hard time finding someone
to install it. On my boat it is a very complicated instalation. No one wants to take
on the job.
12-02-16, 11:56 AM
hooligan6a,

Unfortunately, some boats present unique challenges with respect to installation of a rudder reference transducer. Should you not already done so, it is recommended that you try consulting each of the Certified Raymarine Installers in your area. The alternative would be to replace the autopilot control, course computer, and fluxgate with a p70 Autopilot Control Head, an ACU200 or ACU400 Actuator Control Unit (model of ACU is dependent upon model of linear drive currently installed onboard), an EV-1 Sensor Core, and the networking components to interface these items to one another. These are bundled to form the EV-200 Sail Pilot and EV-400 Sail Pilots respectively.