Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for system upgrade/update
12-06-16, 09:10 PM
Recommendations for system upgrade/update
Hello,
I have a classic E80 that I would like to upgrade (I keep getting the dreaded DSM connection lost). It was installed in 2006 timeframe in a 2005 Silverton 35MY. It appears to be attached to a B744VL transducer, with a DSM300, unknown GPS antenna, all attached to a Seatalk box. There are no other attached items (radar, other depth indicators, etc)
I prefer to upgrade without changing the transducer if possible. My boat is located on a lake in Texas. I need the new MFD for navigation, speed, and depth. I really don't need a sonar as I don't fish. I don't need radar, but might like to add FLIR in the future. I prefer it fit in the current helm cutout.
Can you recommend a MFD that would meet those requirements and any additional equipment needed?
Thank You.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-16, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-16 03:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Recommendations for system upgrade/update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scott,

Unfortunately, none of Raymarine's currently manufactured MFDs is designed to exactly fill the footprint of an E80 MFD. However, Raymarine’s eS97 MFD is very close in size and the currently installed transducer may be adapted (E66066 Transducer Adapter Cable) to be mated to the eS97 MFD's TRANSDUCER socket. Should the E80 presently be interfaced to a GPS sensor having a SeaTalk communications interface (ex. Raystar 125 GPS Sensor, Raystar 120 GPS Sensor, etc.), then the currently installed GPS Sensor may be adapted (E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit) for use with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. The eS97 MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable may be used to receive video from a FLIR thermal camera.
12-21-16, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-16 04:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!
12-21-16, 04:21 PM
You're welcome.