Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using an instrument depth transducer with a fishfinder?
12-12-16, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-17 03:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

Instrument depth transducers are designed to exclusively to be interfaced to the DEPTH transducer terminals of the following:
- an Depth instrument (ex. i40 Depth, i40 Bidata, i50 Depth, i50 Tridata, etc.)
- iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter
- ST70/ST290 Depth Pod
support displaying numerical depth data within a Raymarine system. As Raymarine's MFDs do not support calibration and configuration of alarms associated with instrument transducers, systems utilizing an instrument transducer(s) must additionally include an instrument display(s) designed to calibrate data from an instrument transducer. Instrument transducers cannot be adapted to support the fishfinder application features of a MFD or fishfinder sounder module. If seeking to add fishfinder features to a MFD, the MFD will need to either
- be interfaced to a fishfinder transducer which is compatible with the MFD's internal fishfinder circuitry or
- be interfaced to a compatible fishinder sounder module which in turn will be interfaced to a fishfinder transducer which is compatible with the fishfinder sounder module's fishfinding circuitry.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed