Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new A97 from SL70C
04-15-16, 06:52 AM
new A97 from SL70C
I am replacing the SL70c with a new A97. Is there a cable/ adapter to bridge the Network 1 port to the old SeaTalk cable consisting of the Y/G/R pin output?
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-16, 08:23 AM
RE: new A97 from SL70C
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rb@gih,

Legacy devices featuring a first generation SeaTalk interface would not be interfaced to the a97 MFD in quite the manner which you have specified. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the subject of replacing a Pathfinder Series Radar Display such as yours with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
04-15-16, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-16 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck for the information however let me be more specific. I am updating to a new A80170 transducer, will update to new radar on backorder, T70243, but the SmartCraft on my SeaRay is the only data plug that I am looking to integrate with new chartplotter. So is this something that I will have splice wireleads from the NMEA 0183 cable to the SmartCraft 3 pin plug (YGR) ? Is it compatible with the SmartCraft? Is there an adapter harness to the NMEA 0183 port or ?
Thanks for you help, your forum is great.
04-18-16, 11:11 AM
rb@gih,

A splice such as you have suggested would not be performed. You will need to install a SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway and the corresponding Mercury Marine components necessary to connect the gateway to your engine(s). It is recommended that Mercury Marine be contacted for specific information regarding how to interface the gateway to your engine system. The SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway would then be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone via an A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet Female. The MFD would be interfaced as a spur to the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.