Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading E80-based Seatalk system
01-05-17, 02:20 PM
Upgrading E80-based Seatalk system
I’m interested in upgrading. I currently have an all Raymarine system, essentially as follows:

2 E80 Classics, master at the nav and repeater at the helm
ST 6001 Autopilot
ST 600R Autopilot Remote
T400 Course Computer
ST 290 Wind
ST 60 Speed, Depth
18” 2kW Radome
Everything is networked using Seatalk.

I’m principally interested in replacing the E80s, but I know I will also need a new generation radome as a result. I'd like to upgrade the rest in stages later. What are my best options to maintain as much of the rest of the existing system as possible without extensive rewiring and cutting? I think some of your newer MFDs have bezels available that will fit to the E80 holes? Also, since I just use the cockpit unit as a repeater, do you have suggestions for a lower-end unit there?

Thanks for the advice,

Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-17, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-17 03:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Upgrading E80-based Seatalk system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

All of the items listed (except for the radome and MFDs) may be adapted for use with a network of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please note that the eS-Series MFDs have replaced all but the 16" e-Series MFDs within the e-Series MFD product line. Unfortunately, Raymarine has not produced adapter mounting kits for the eS-Series MFDs as it had for the c9x MFDs and e9x MFDs (these MFDs differ primarily in that the e-Series MFDs feature a HybridTouch (both touchscreen and button) interfaces). Accordingly, it would typically be recommended that an E80 E-Series Classic MFD be replaced with an eS9x MFD. However, should you be able to find a c9x MFD or e9x MFD in a dealer's inventory, then the adapter kit referenced within the FAQ may be used. With respect to the second station, a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs may be mixed and matched within an Ethernet network. It would typically be recommended that those seeking a lower cost MFD for a second station purchase an a-Series MFD. You may also want to search the Internet for dealers offering deals on leftover c-Series MFDs and e-Series MFDs as you may find a bargain alternative to an a-Series MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply