Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Pilot Upgrade
01-11-17, 08:32 PM
Auto Pilot Upgrade
Hello -

I am looking to upgrade my autopilot from the current S3/ST6002+ to a new Evolution AP and would to confirm that the ACU200 is the correct unit. Here are some more details:

Current RM Equipment: E125, 2 - I70s via ITC5 for wind, speed, depth and temp, S3 & ST6002+ interfaced thru ST--> STNG converter with a P70 (ST6002 on one helm, P70 on other), AIS250, RS130 and HD Color Radar connected through ST-HS switch directly to E125.

Boat - 43' Beneteau sailboat, approx 20,000 lbs

Current AP installation has a Lecomble & Schmitt2201109 12v linear drive & motor which I will keep in place during the upgrade to work with the Evolution AP. I do not have detailed documentation for this drive/motor, but what I do have shows that it should be protected with a 20A fuse.

Questions:
1) Is the ACU200 the correct control unit for this configuration and proper unit to power the L&S drive or is the ACU400 needed?
2) Current AP system has a Raymarine rudder reference installed, will this work with ACU200 (same vintage as the S3 and ST6002)?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-17, 09:45 AM
RE: Auto Pilot Upgrade
Welcomne to the Raymarine Forum lwitty,

Q1) Is the ACU200 the correct control unit for this configuration and proper unit to power the L&S drive or is the ACU400 needed?
A1) The Type 400, S3, S3G, X30 autopilot course computers should be replaced with an ACU400.

Q2) Current AP system has a Raymarine rudder reference installed, will this work with ACU200 (same vintage as the S3 and ST6002)?
A2) Yes. The currently installed Raymarine rudder reference transducer will simply be disconnected from the Rudder terminals of the autopilot course computer and then connected to the Rudder terminal block of the ACU. Prior to disconnecting the rudder transducer's leads from the Rudder terminals of the autopilot course computer, it is recommended that one note the color of the cables leads and not the color of the Rudder terminal which each lead had been connected to. This same lead/terminal color mapping will be used when interfacing the rudder reference transducer's cable to the ACU's Rudder terminal block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply