Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C80 and C120W
01-19-17, 02:39 PM
C80 and C120W
Currently, I have a C80 with its radar and it is connected to the other equipment in a seatalk network. (AIS, wind, speed and autopilot)
I would like to buy a C120W and I have the following question:
If I connect the C80 and C120 through a seatalkng network, can I see the radar on the C120W?

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-17, 04:34 PM
RE: C80 and C120W
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum PROGECON,

It is not possible to do as you have suggested. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
01-22-17, 06:07 PM
Thanks for your answer

Changing the radar that I currently have by a digital radar and connecting it to the C120W and connect the C80 as secondary.
Can I see the radar connected to the C80?

I'm trying to use the two multifunction in the best way.

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
01-23-17, 10:40 AM
PROGECON,

Q: Changing the radar that I currently have by a digital radar and connecting it to the C120W and connect the C80 as secondary.
Can I see the radar connected to the C80?
A: No. It is not possible for C-Series Classic MFDs display radar imagery from any device other than a compatible radome or open array pedestal which has been directly interfaced to the C-Series Classic MFD's RADAR socket. Should it be desired that two MFDs onboard share a single radar resource and a C-Series Widescreen MFD be one of the MFDs, then a second C-Series Widescreen MFD would need to be sourced from the second hand market. Should a C-Series Widescreen MFD not have already have been purchased, then it would be strongly recommended that a pair of a/c/e/eS-gS-Series MFDs be installed to support this dual station configuration.