Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New product?
01-21-17, 06:23 PM
New product?
Last year I bought the new "e" series 9 and 12" MFD. I went to DEFENDER today and saw they were clearance them out at slightly over $1195.9 e9 and $1399.00 e12. They said a new model was being introduced this year. Any information? I feel bad that I spent thousands last year only to have the newest and greatest being retired for an even newer product.

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-17, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-17 03:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: New product?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Like other companies, Raymarine strives to regularly introduce new products. Accordingly, one may always assume that there is a new product in the pipeline which will someday replace a product which one has purchased, irrespective of a product's cost. While it is possible that Raymarine may introduce new MFDs this year, Raymarine has not yet announced such replacements. New product announcements are typically announced during the Miami International Boat Show. The e-Series MFDs were introduced in the late 2011 / early 2012 time frame as suggested by the software history table for Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. This would make the design of these MFDs to be approximately five years old. The eS-Series MFDs were introduced in 2015. Throughout this period Raymarine has offered more than seventeen software updates to add need features and capabilities to these MFDs to keep them relevant within the marine electronics market. It is quite possible that additional software updates may be released for this generation of MFDs.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing Raymarine's policy regarding future products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply