Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VHF RAY218E
01-16-17, 11:22 AM
VHF RAY218E
Hello
I can't listen to the weather forecast from NOAA on my channel 1 to 10 on my Ray218E VHF. I checked on my manual and there is no solution about that. The only thing I can see about this problem is a note telling: "The Ray 218E/Ray55E can receive these broadcasts only if the unit has been upgraded by the distributor to use WX channels." and I don't know if my promeM IS related to this.
First time in my life I can't get WX channels on a VHF. If somebody can help me with that issue it would be appreciate. If it was not set by the distributor, what can I do?
My boat is à Mainship 31PILOT 2009 with Raymarine E90w ( Plotter,radar,sounder)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-17, 12:09 PM
RE: VHF RAY218E
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Festinalente,

The latest generation of Raymarine VHF radios (Ray60, Ray70, etc.) feature software designed to support operation in the Americas as well as outside of the Americas (ex. Europe, Asia, etc.). For this latest generation of Raymarine VHF radios, changing between Americas and ROW channels simply requires that the VHF radio be reset and then reconfigured for the desired region. In contrast, earlier VHF radio featured two software designs (ex. Ray218/Ray218E, Ray55/Ray55E, etc.) ... one to support the requirements of vessels flagged in the Americas and the other to support the requirements of vessels flagged outside of the Americas (ROW). The software within the Ray218/Ray55 was designed to support vessels flagged in and operating in the Americas while the software within the Ray218E/Ray55E was designed to support vessels flagged in and operating outside the Americas. However, the Ray218E/Ray55 VHF radios may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be reprogrammed to support NOAA Weather Channels. Should your Ray218E have been reprogrammed with software for vessels flagged in and operating in the Americas and it no longer be receiving NOAA channels and also not be receiving VHF communications from other vessels/stations, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply