Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV200 will not disengage
01-25-17, 04:36 PM
EV200 will not disengage
hwy1cat36 Wrote:
Hello,

I purchased a ev200 linear autopilot and early on it would not disengage right away and would take about 30 seconds. Now it will not disengage at all. I read some information regarding testing the voltage coming into a st6001 linear drive. Is that the same technique for testing the ev200? Below is the information I found on the st6001

"When the linear drive is properly installed there will be a minimal resistance present when the autopilot is in standby, however you shouldn’t have to manhandle it. I would recommend that you get a multi-meter and with the a/p in Standby measure across the clutch connections on the course computer and see if there is +12Vdc present. If there IS +12vDC present, the course computer is in need of repair.
If there ISN'T +12vDC present, (normal) look over the installation according to the linear drive installation guide attached to this thread. If the drive is installed within the specifications called out, then I would remove the linear drive and send it in to the Raymarine Service Center for evaluation."

Thank you

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-17, 10:31 AM
RE: EV200 will not disengage
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gary,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The second paragraph of this FAQ specifically addresses how to fault isolate the reported clutch issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply