Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS650 connection to SeaTalkng converter
01-31-17, 04:13 PM
AIS650 connection to SeaTalkng converter
Hi,
I shall install a AIS650 and I have a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converter in my system close to where there AIS will be installed, see attached picture what connections are unoccupied on this converter.

From my MFD e7 I have a spur cable connected to the spur port of a SeaTalkng T-piece. I have removed one of the blue SeaTalkng Termination plugs from the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and connected this plug to one of the end blue backbone ports of the SeaTalkng T-piece, and
connected a SeaTalkng Backbone Cable from the unoccupied blue SeaTalkng backbone port of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to the unoccupied blue backbone port of the SeaTalkng T-Piece.

Can I connect a SeaTalkng spur cable from the AIS650 direct into the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter on one of the unoccupied white ports?
Or do I have to install another SeaTalkng T-piece?
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-17, 04:46 PM
RE: AIS650 connection to SeaTalkng converter
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Q1. Can I connect a SeaTalkng spur cable from the AIS650 direct into the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter on one of the unoccupied white ports?
A1. It is indeed possible to interface the AIS650 to the system in the manner which you have specified.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-17, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-17 09:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks.
02-01-17, 09:26 AM
You're welcome.
Find all posts by this user