Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powering Down Multiple Transducer / Sonar Module Sets
02-13-17, 04:30 PM
Powering Down Multiple Transducer / Sonar Module Sets
I am wondering if the following Raymarine system configuration will result in an interference between transducers. My vessel currently has installed an Airmar B164 transducer / Raymarine DSM300G sonar module networked to a pair of e125 multi-function displays (MFD’s). I am looking to add an Airmar M265LH transducer / Raymarine CP570 sonar module networked to the same pair of e125 MFD’s.
I am wondering if switching between transducer / sonar modules in a single pane using the MFD’s fishfinder menu will power on one transducer / sonar module set and simultaneously power off the other transducer / sonar module set. The MFD operation manual for version 17.46 section 15.8, page 211 suggests the unused transducer / sonar module set will be powered off.
If both transducer / sonar module sets remain on, will this result in an interference between transducers? If true, could I install a power switch to each sonar module to manually power down the unused set?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-17, 04:54 PM
RE: Powering Down Multiple Transducer / Sonar Module Sets
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

General comment: two types of fishfinding technology, 50/200kHz conical sonar and CHIRP sonar. These two technologies should not interfere with one another when operated simultaneously. It should additionally be noted that ping can be enabled/disabled for each sonar source via the menu of the Fishfinder application displaying the type of sonar to be halted.

Q: I am wondering if switching between transducer / sonar modules in a single pane using the MFD’s fishfinder menu will power on one transducer / sonar module set and simultaneously power off the other transducer / sonar module set. The MFD operation manual for version 17.46 section 15.8, page 211 suggests the unused transducer / sonar module set will be powered off.
If both transducer / sonar module sets remain on, will this result in an interference between transducers? If true, could I install a power switch to each sonar module to manually power down the unused set?
A: This is not so. Should I configure one full screen page to display 50kHz Fishfinder data from a DSM300G and a second full screen page to display CHIRP fishfinder data, then both transducers will ping simultaneously irrespective of which Fishfinder page is being viewed. However, the plot for the closed page will cease.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply