Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion AV750 and Raymarine ES 127/128/97 Video
02-13-17, 12:43 PM
Fusion AV750 and Raymarine ES 127/128/97 Video
I have a Fusion AV750 and two of the wired remotes I'm going to install into my backbone system via NMEA2000 to Devicenet into a 5 way. Will there be any issues with this?

Second question is on the back of the ES Screens is an HDMI plug, then on the back of the AV750 there is also an HDMI. Are the ES127/128's capable of receiving a video signal from the AV750 and displaying it on the MFD and having the sound come out of external speakers (same zone)? If not through HDMI - any other way?

Thank you!
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-17, 02:35 PM
RE: Fusion AV750 and Raymarine ES 127/128/97 Video
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Derek,

It is typically recommended that 750 and 700 Series Fusion Head Units be interfaced to the system via Ethernet communications rather than NMEA 2000 communications. The Fusion NMEA 2000 remotes may be interfaced as you have described. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The HDMI port of the eS-Series MFDs is designed to support repeating the MFD's screen image on a remote monitor or TV. This port is not designed to support reception of video. The eS-Series MFDs feature a BNC socket on the MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable to support having the MFD display video from a composite (NTSC/PAL) video source. Should the Fusion AV750 feature a HDMI output signal, then it would be necessary to adapt (using a third party HDMI to composite video adapter) the output of the Fusion stereo the permit it to then serve as a video input source to MFD.
02-15-17, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your reply Chuck -

So I understand clearly - connect the head unit (Fusion AV750) to the back of either ES screen via ethernet cable (cat 5) then just run the remote screens via back bone?

If I do it this way will I have to have the Raymarine system powered up and on to use the Fusion system? There are times where I wouldn't want the Navigation system on such as at anchor sitting for extended periods of time. That's why I was going to run the whole thing via the back bone then I could just have the back bone powered.

Thanks!
Derek
02-16-17, 09:23 AM
Derek,

Q1: So I understand clearly - connect the head unit (Fusion AV750) to the back of either ES screen via ethernet cable (cat 5) then just run the remote screens via back bone?
A1: Correct

Q2: If I do it this way will I have to have the Raymarine system powered up and on to use the Fusion system? There are times where I wouldn't want the Navigation system on such as at anchor sitting for extended periods of time. That's why I was going to run the whole thing via the back bone then I could just have the back bone powered.
A2: Should it be desired to use the remotes when the Raymarine MFD will be powered OFF, then it would be recommended that one of the following alternative installation methods be used:
- the Fusion head unit remain interfaced via Ethernet to the Raymarine System and that the Fusion head unit and remotes each be interfaced as spurs to a dedicated backbone which will only feature the Fusions entertainment components.
- the Fusion head unit instead be interfaced as a spur to the backbone rather than via Ethernet to the Raymarine system. Care should be taken to ensure that the head unit is installed using the unpowered Fusion spur cable specified within the previously referenced FAQ. When using the remotes, the SeaTalkng backbone must be powered.
02-27-17, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-17 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

I just talked with Shawn at Fusion tech support and read to him what you said above and he informed me that within the AV 650 and 750 have an option to power the backbone or not. So, if I'm introducing the 750 into the system via the regular backbone adapter cable (NMEA2000 to STNG Spur) as long as that setting for the power supply is turned to off I will be good...per him. Do you agree?

Thank you,
Derek
02-28-17, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-17 10:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek,

The Fusion head unit should only be used to supply power to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone if
a) the Fusion head unit is designed to supply power to large NMEA 2000 backbone (i.e. not simply to power Fusion equipment), and
b) no other power source has been provided to the backbone and
c) the spur connecting the Fusion head unit to the backbone is located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load