Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRANSMISSION --Ray49
02-15-17, 01:29 PM
TRANSMISSION --Ray49
Hi there

Panama authority is requiring me to provide them with the "TRANSMISSION" code number of the Raymarine RAY 49.
Where ca I find this number?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-17, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-17 03:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: TRANSMISSION --Ray49
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum guskapa,

Is the country in which the boat registered the United States? If so, have you applied for a Ship Radio Station License and received a MMSI from the FCC (MMSIs from from BoatUS are not valid for vessels operating outside of US coastal waters)? If so, have you then entered the MMSI into your Ray49 DSC VHF radio?

If you are attempting to license the radar station in Panama and seeking information concerning the VHF radio, then the following may be of assistance:

- the licensing authority may be referring to the transmitter modulation identifier which for FM is 16K0G3E and for DSC 16K0G2B. If that’s not it, then the licensing authority may be referring to the FCC Number which is PJ5RAY49 or the Industry Canada Number which is 4069A-RAY49 D. If none of these answer the question, then we are left with the MMSI number.

- if no MMSI number is entered into the Ray49 VHF Radio, then the VHF radio will report that no MMSI has been entered each time that the VHF radio switched on. If a MMSI has been entered, then it may be accessed by pressing and holding the [MENU/DSC] for 3 seconds to access the DSC menu. Then using the [CH] Rotary Control we scroll down to the DSC SETUP menu selection and then press the [CH] control to select it. Again using the [CH] Rotary Control we scroll down to MY MMSI ID and again press the [CH] control to select it. The nine digit MMSI number would now be displayed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply