Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM MFD Instead of a95
02-16-17, 04:51 PM
AXIOM MFD Instead of a95
Before Christmas I was told by someone to hold off on purchasing any boat electronics till after the Miami Boat Show because thats when most companies release their new line of products. I see that Raymarine has a new line of MFD's called AXIOM. I looked on the Raymarine website and I really like the look and interface of the AXIOM 9" MFD's. On my original post, I included an image which included the a95 MFD's. You gave me some changes in my wiring diagram which I updated and have included as a new attachment in this post. I am now interested in the new AXIOM option instead of the a95 as is pictured in my attachment.

My question is, what changes would I need to make if I was to switch the a95's in the image to the new AXIOM 9" MFD's. I am also interested in using the RMK-10 remote instead of the RKM-9 remote as is now pictured in the attachment.

My intent right now is to keep the ST60 tri-data display if it works with the AXIOM MFD's but if at some time in the future if I decided to get the new i70 Multifunction display would I need to replace the speed and depth transducers or are they compatible with the i70.

I do not want to replace my Standard Horizon GX2200 with GPS & AIS. Can the the SH GX2200 be hooked up the same way to display AIS data on the AXIOM MDF's the same as on the a95's?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-17, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-17 10:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AXIOM MFD Instead of a95
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tamrow,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how your VHF radio / AIS receiver will need to be interfaced to the system. The GA150 shown within your diagram will need to be replaced with a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor. Finally, the SeaTalkng backbone (presently created by and limited to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter) will be expanded to include at least two additional spur sockets ... one to accommodate the NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 data bridging devices, and the second to accommodate the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to add additional spur sockets to a SeaTalkng backbone. As the Axiom MFDs feature a DeviceNet Micro-C (M) plug for interfacing the Data Master MFD to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, the Axiom MFD will need to be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone via an A06045 15.7in (0.4m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter or an A06075 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Adapter.

While no changes to the diagram would be directly associated with replacing the RMK-9 with a RMK-10, it will be necessary to instead interface each MFD and the RMK-10 to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Transducers cannot be mated to an i70/i70S MFID. The transducers used with your ST60 Tridata would need to be interfaced to a iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter which would be installed a component of the backbone (i.e. not as a spur). The i70/i70S would then be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply