Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonarchart Live - Sensor depth not working
02-19-17, 08:38 AM
Question Sonarchart Live - Sensor depth not working
Setup:
I have an e127 MFD with Sonarcharts enabled and running that's connected to an older Seatalk depth sounder, via a Raymarine Seatalk-NMEA2000 converter.
My ST60 Tridata is set to show depth under the keel (sailboat).

The problem:
The system doesn't seem to be able to offset the depth of the sensor.
The live readings in the MFD shows the depth under the keel (that's offset by 6.4ft in the ST60 Tridata). Here in Bahamas that means my charts are now clogged up with red blurs.

I have figured out how to turn off the live reading in the charts but I'd love to be able to have the Sonarchart live show correct depth.

Question:
Is there a something I can do to counter the ST60 depth offset?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-17, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-17 11:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Sonarchart Live - Sensor depth not working
Just like to report that the latest update (End of April 2017) did not include a fix for this problem.

I guess I'm the only one using Sonarcharts with a regular Seatalk depth sounder / sonar :(
Too bad, it's a great feature in areas of poor coverage and shifting sand bars (like the Bahamas)

//Arvid
05-02-17, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-17 11:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Sonarchart Live - Sensor depth not working
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Arvid,

Should the MFD be interfaced to a fishfinder transducer, then depth offset must be configured within the Transducer Set-Up menu of the MFD's Fishfinder application's Set-up menu. When so configured, offset depth reported by the MFD will be repeated by SeaTalk devices within the system (i.e. offset cannot be configured via a repeating devices ... only in the master device). Failure of the system to report as has been specified within this response would be indicative of older software within the system's SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Regarding the units issue reported for the ST60 Tridata, this is a limitation of the product. Unless acting as a Data master (would require that the associated transducer be connected to the display), units cannot be changed by this product.

Regarding the MFD's SonarChart Live feature, the following prerequesites must be met to utilize the SonarChart Live feature:'
- a Navionics+ chart card having a current Freshest Data Subscription, having additionally been populated with SonarCharts via the Navionics Chart Installer program for the waters being navigated, and having received Freshest Data updates. This chart card must be present within the MFD's memory card reader.
- alternatively, a Navionics Platinum Plus chart card having a current Freshest Data Subscription and having received Freshest Data updates via the Navionics Chart Installer program for the waters being navigated. This chart card must be present within the MFD's memory card reader
- the Chart application's Sonar Logging feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->DEPTHS AND CONTOURS->SONAR LOGS) must be configured ON
- the Chart application's SonarChart Live feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->ADVANCED OPTIONS->SONARCHART LIVE) has been configured ON
- the MFD or system has been interfaced to compatible fishfinder transducer (excluding SideVision transducers).

You may also want to consider configuring the SonarChart to the Very High configuration setting initially.