Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unicontrol knob
02-23-17, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-17 11:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
unicontrol knob
I recently purchased as C127. After installation, the unicontrol knob would stick with repeated use. I sent the unit back and received a new one which I appreciate but now the new one is occasionally sticking too.
It is not as bad as the original unit and I can pull the knob back out and it will continue to function. At this point it is just annoying but am concerned about warranty and if it might get worse in time. I like the unit and hate to call the retailer again. Suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-17, 11:24 AM
RE: unicontrol knob
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sallysea,

The reported issue is indeed atypical. Rather than swapping the display as I believe you have suggested had taken place previously, it recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced with the latest production parts.
02-23-17, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-17 12:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ok, Let me give it a little time, unless you are telling me that there is an updated replacement knob that I need.
02-23-17, 12:13 PM
Sallysea,

One should not expect that the replacement UniController would suffer the same problem which you have reported. Accordingly, it is recommended that the MFD be sent to the Repair Center while it is still within it warranty period.