Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e95 MFD Problems
03-01-16, 02:26 PM
e95 MFD Problems
I am experiencing several problems with my e95 chartplotter.

1) Touchscreen is out of alignment in some situations such as entering a Lat/Lon where the numbers typed are not the numbers displayed. I've run the Touchscreen Alignment function, but that does not correct the problem.
2) The Expanded Databar does not display when I touch the Databar,
3) The MFD reboots once or twice when power is initially turned on. After the initial reboots, the MFD operates normally.
4) I do not get wind/depth/speed on the MFD. The instruments are interfaced to the network via a ST1 to STNG Converter as the displays are ST60's with associated transducers. When I select Data Sources, I get the following message " Data selection not possible. the following devices are preventing data source selection E22158 Sea Talk - STNG Converter S/n 0831411. Please see your manual for details.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-16, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-16 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: e95 MFD Problems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mantacat,

Q1) Touchscreen is out of alignment in some situations such as entering a Lat/Lon where the numbers typed are not the numbers displayed. I've run the Touchscreen Alignment function, but that does not correct the problem.
A1) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2) The Expanded Databar does not display when I touch the Databar
A2) Should the MFD be experiencing touchscreen alignment issues, then this is the likely cause of this issue ... see the response to Q1.

Q3) The MFD reboots once or twice when power is initially turned on. After the initial reboots, the MFD operates normally.
A3) It is normal during bootup for the MFD's splash screen to be displayed, go dark, and for the MFD's splash screen to be displayed again prior to completion of initialization (denoted by the MFD displaying the Limitations of Use acknowledgement screen).

Q4) I do not get wind/depth/speed on the MFD. The instruments are interfaced to the network via a ST1 to STNG Converter as the displays are ST60's with associated transducers. When I select Data Sources, I get the following message " Data selection not possible. the following devices are preventing data source selection E22158 Sea Talk - STNG Converter S/n 0831411. Please see your manual for details.
A4) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply