Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Es98 Tranducers
02-25-17, 07:01 PM
Es98 Tranducers
I'm refitting all electronics on my cruising sailboat and need to better understand component compatibility.

I've already purchased an es98, a Q24C radome, an i70s as well as an iTC-5 converter, and require wind, speed & temp, depth and sonar sensors.

My guess is (in respective sequence) is the E22078 for wind, DST800 for speed, temp & depth, and the CPT-S for sonar. Am I on the right track?

Also, if the above transducers are correct, does the CPT-S have sufficient thread to mount through an approx 1inch glass hull (hard to tell from the published pics). I'm replacing an old Datamarine transducer that sits amidships just ahead of my full keel, so I believe the zero dead-rise is the correct choice... or should I be looking at the bronze 12degree model due to sailboat heel?

Lastly, I understand the CPT-S provides a sonar view, but will it also provide regular depth output, as a normal depth transducer would?

Appreciate some help. Thx.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-17, 03:20 PM
RE: Es98 Tranducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bbistis,

Q1. I've already purchased an es98, a Q24C radome, an i70s as well as an iTC-5 converter, and require wind, speed & temp, depth and sonar sensors.
My guess is (in respective sequence) is the E22078 for wind, DST800 for speed, temp & depth, and the CPT-S for sonar. Am I on the right track?
A1. Yes. The wind and depth/speed/temp instrument transducers specified are indeed correct. The CPT-S transducer will support providing the system with CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar imaging.

Q2. Also, if the above transducers are correct, does the CPT-S have sufficient thread to mount through an approx 1inch glass hull (hard to tell from the published pics).
A2. You should have no issues as the threaded shaft length of the CPT-S transducers is approximate 3-1/4" long.

Q3. I'm replacing an old Datamarine transducer that sits amidships just ahead of my full keel, so I believe the zero dead-rise is the correct choice... or should I be looking at the bronze 12degree model due to sailboat heel?
A3. Barring any unusual features of the hull, the hull surface immediately foward of the keel and located on its centerline would be almost parallel to the surface of the water. Should this be the case onboard your own boat, then a 0 degree thru-hull would be recommended.
02-27-17, 06:19 PM
Sorry, but I just noticed the very last question in my original post was unanswered. Perhaps I was unclear, so I'll restate... should I choose not to go with the DST800, but rather just an ST800, can I get simple depth readout (digital) on my es98 display from the CPT-S as well as sonar imagery?
02-28-17, 06:24 AM
One final question Chuck... my old system had a SiTex MDA-1 class B transceiver AIS connected to my old c80 via the high speed input. Can I connect this AIS to my new es98 similarly?
02-28-17, 10:12 AM
bbistis,

Q1. Sorry, but I just noticed the very last question in my original post was unanswered. Perhaps I was unclear, so I'll restate... should I choose not to go with the DST800, but rather just an ST800, can I get simple depth readout (digital) on my es98 display from the CPT-S as well as sonar imagery?
A1. Yes.

Q2. my old system had a SiTex MDA-1 class B transceiver AIS connected to my old c80 via the high speed input. Can I connect this AIS to my new es98 similarly?
A2. Yes. As the MFD will not be transmitting data to the AIS transceiver, I would recommend interfacing the 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 output of the AIS transceiver to the Port 2 NMEA 0183 Input leads of the MFD's Power/NMEA/Video Input Cable.
02-28-17, 10:29 AM
Thx again... your knowledge, and clear, concise explanations are a delight... you should help write the marketing info on these products Chuck... probably see a lot less confused customers :)
02-28-17, 10:49 AM
You're welcome and thanks for the compliment.