Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can i create my own bathymetric map using sonar log and non-wifi Dragonfly 7"?
02-26-17, 10:25 PM
how can i create my own bathymetric map using sonar log and non-wifi Dragonfly 7"?

I fish this small local lake but no contour map available anywhere, so I need to chart it on my own. I can record sonar log from my first generation non-wifi Dragonfly 7 but what is next?

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-17, 10:11 AM
RE: how can i create my own bathymetric map using sonar log and non-wifi Dragonfly 7&q...
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ray18,

As you are aware, Dragonfly products operating with the latest software support creation of Sonar Logs. However, unlike more advanced products such as Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which support the SonarChart Live feature, it would be necessary for Dragonfly customers to lobby Navionics (508-291-6000) to consider adding the body(ies) of water that you operate on which are not currently within the Navionics catalog. Once added to the Navionics catalog of lakes and you have obtained a Freshest Data subscription for your Navionics chart card, then the cartography for your area (including the newly added body of water) may be uploaded to your chart card. After doing so, then the Sonar Logs which you generate may be submitted to Navionics for to provide any additional bathymetric detail which your Dragonfly display has recorded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply