Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
upgrade from e80 to es127
03-01-17, 11:03 AM
RE: upgrade from e80 to es127
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pete,

Q1. I have a recent digital radar (2013) and understand it will connect to the new unit via an adapter (#A80247). I have purchased a SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalk ng adapter (#e22158). do I simply plug the cable marked SeaTalk high speed which was in the E80 into the adapter and then use another cable to plug into the es127 from the adapter?
A1. Within the early production years, Digital Radar Cables were terminated with a RJ45 (M) plug and the A80247 RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adapter would indeed be used to adapt such cables to be mated to the Ethernet NETWORK socket of the eS127 MFD. For the last several years, Digital Radar Cables have been terminated with RayNet (F) plug and would correspondingly would need no adaptation to be mated to one of the Ethernet NETWORK sockets of the eS127 MFD.

Alternatively, the SeaTalkhs Cable may simply be unplugged from the E80 MFD's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) socket. An A80160 SeaTalkhs (F) to RayNet (F) Adapter may then be connected to it to permit the cable assembly to then be mated to one of the Ethernet NETWORK sockets of the eS127 MFD.

Q2. I have purchased a SeaTalk 1 to SeaTalk ng adapter (#e22158). do I simply plug the cable marked SeaTalk high speed which was in the E80 into the adapter and then use another cable to plug into the es127 from the adapter? Any on-line diagrams you could suggest would help.
A2. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will function as a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the MFD will be interfaced using the SeaTalkng Spur Cable included within the package. In a nut shell, one SeaTalkng Termination Plug (supplied) will be inserted into each to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's two blue backbone sockets. The aforementioned SeaTalkng Spur Cable will be used to mate the MFD's SeaTalkng socket to one of the white spur sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable will be used to mate to an unpowered SeaTalk bus (to which any products having a SeaTalk communications interface had been mated) to the yellow SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, the supplied SeaTalkng Power Cable will be connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit and to the remaining white spur socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: upgrade from e80 to es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-01-17 11:03 AM