Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
upgrade from e80 to es127
03-10-17, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 10:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: upgrade from e80 to es127
Pete,

Q1. does the A80247 radar adaptor have an input for the ethernet connector on my radar cable ?
A1. Should the Digital Radar Cable be terminated with a RJ45 (M) plug rather than a RayNet (F) plug, then it may indeed be adapted (with an A80247 RJ45 (F) To RayNet (F) Adapter) to be mated to the Ethernet NETWORK socket of an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or RayNet Network Switch.

Q2. I currently have a 6 prong plug going into the "seatalk/alarm" input on the E80. What adaptor plug is needed to plug it into the e22158 yellow port?
A2. The SeaTalk/Alarm Cable should be traced to where it has been connected to a SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box or terminal strip. A SeaTalk cable having a press-fit 3-pin plug on one end and bare leads on the other end would then be connected to the terminal strip or SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Box. The press-fit 3-pin plug of this cable would then be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block to which the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will also be connected. Should the SeaTalk/Alarm Cable have been spliced to a SeaTalk Cable, then the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be similarly spliced in place of the SeaTalk/Alarm Cable. The SeaTalk bus should be disconnected from its present source of power per the FAQ found here.

Q3. Can I correctly assume the 3 prong (female) 12V power plug will fit the input on the eS127?
A3. No. The Power/NMEA 0183/Video input cable supplied with the eS127 will need to replace the E-Series Power Cable. Please refer to the FAQ referenced above for complete instructions addressing how to replace an E-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: upgrade from e80 to es127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-10-17 10:10 AM