Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST60 Tri data/ST6001 Auto pilot
03-01-16, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-16 08:26 AM by juan.castillo@mackaymarine.com.)
ST60 Tri data/ST6001 Auto pilot
I received this from customer:

We have a the above system which I believe was installed in our beneteau 473 sailing yacht 13 years ago.
Our problem is:

"The speed/log/ depth unit starts to beep intermittently and after around 30 minutes it beeps more frequently and then blanks out completely taking with it the auto pilot screen and function. After around an hour, it comes back on line and gradually deteriorates to the same point where it happens again."

UPDATE***** I just received this info****

We conducted a small test today. Let me explain:
Our system is configured like this;
Starboard side of cockpit
- Depth, log, speed
- wind

Port side
- auto pilot
- Depth, log, speed (problem unit that beeps and cuts out)
- wind

1. It looks like the seatalk and initial wiring goes first to the starboard instruments- Depth, log speed. This seems to work fine. J 2. The Port side Depth, log, speed was the one that beeps, cuts out and takes down the auto pilot.

So to test where the problem is, we swapped the port and starboard Depth instruments around.
Interestingly, whereas the whole system seems to work with the starboard Depth gauge in place but as soon as we swapped them around, no data at either starboard or port Depth gauge.

This would seem to indicate that the offending port side depth unit is the problem???

If Raymarine confirm this is the likely cause, can we purchase a replacement ST60 Depth unit?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-16, 10:13 AM
RE: ST60 Tri data/ST6001 Auto pilot
From the explanation it does sound like the ST60 depth could be the issue because when it faults the seatalk is affected "down stream" that unit.

ST60 instruments are no longer available they are discontinued, but we still service them. I would recommend that the display be sent to the below address to be evaluated for service.

Raymarine Service Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063

Include in the box:
Name
Daytime Phone
Return address
Brief description of the issue
Find all posts by this user
03-02-16, 12:06 PM
(03-02-16 10:13 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  From the explanation it does sound like the ST60 depth could be the issue because when it faults the seatalk is affected "down stream" that unit.

ST60 instruments are no longer available they are discontinued, but we still service them. I would recommend that the display be sent to the below address to be evaluated for service.

Raymarine Service Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063

Include in the box:
Name
Daytime Phone
Return address
Brief description of the issue

I ofered a i50 tridata... Will it work? They have limited time for a repair?
03-02-16, 12:08 PM
Will i50 tridata works for them? They have limited time for a repair
03-03-16, 10:55 AM
Yes, the i50 instrument displays are direct replacements, and you would use the Seatalk NG to Seatalk adapter cable to connect into the existing Seatalk bus. I usually don't give that option, when the whole system is ST60 display because most don't like the cosmetic change between the ST60 and i50.
Find all posts by this user