Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Evolution Autopilot to Use to Replace Simrad
03-02-17, 05:55 PM
Which Evolution Autopilot to Use to Replace Simrad
I have a 2006 vintage Simrad AP16 Autopilot with AC20 course computer hooked up to my Raymarine C127 and C120, Raymarine Radar, and Raystar 130 GPS receiver on a Seatalkng network. I want to replace the Simrad autopilot with a Raymarine unit. The Simrad uses a Robertson RPU160 reversing hydraulic steering pump and a Simrad RF300 rudder feedback unit. The RPU160 pump has a capacity of 9.8 ci to 33.5 ci at 12V, max 10 amps. 1) Should I be looking at the EV-200 or EV-400? I've seen some literature that says the EV-200 will work with a Type 2 hydraulic pump and other literature that says it won't. 2) Can I use the Robertson pump with the Raymarine ACU or do I have to replace it with a Raymarine pump? 3) Can I use the Simrad rudder feedback unit or do I need to replace that with the Raymarine rudder feedback module? Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-17, 03:35 PM
RE: Which Evolution Autopilot to Use to Replace Simrad
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rdlaurrell,

An ACU200 should not be used with a Type 2 Hydraulic Pump ... an ACU400 should be used with a Type 2 Hydraulic Pump. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. It is recommended that an ACU-400 be used with the Robertson RPU160 hydraulic pump. The Simrad rudder feedback transducer should be replaced with the rudder feedback transducer packaged with the ACU-400.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply