Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
03-08-17, 03:54 PM
Wink AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
Hi, Please let me know if you can assist. For what ever cray cray reasons, as a typical boater, I NEED (not want) to upgrade my perfectly operational Gseries system to the new Axiom. Questions:
1- what size will the displays come in and will the be flush mountable
2- will they operate on 24 volts
3- will any of my existing periperal system eqpt (auto pilot, transducer, 48inch open array, st speed logs displays etc...) interface with the new system?
4- what media is used to store/load charts and data?
5- will I be able to connect it to my backup system which is an e78?
6- can my fusion system connect to it?
7- can I connect flir nightvision cams to it
8- will it have multiple inputs for camera feeds (currently- my Gseries displays - which I have 2 on lower station and 1 on upper station- can feed 9 different camera feeds in since each display can take 3 cams.
9- will it connect to/or share my existing downvision transdcuer that is connected to the e78?
10-will it connect to my a350 ais receiver
11- will it connect to my ray 240 vhf radio

Thanks for the guidance... and please... dont let my wife know about this.. :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-17, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Here are some helpful link for those seeking detailed information concerning Axiom MFDs:
- AXIOM MFD web pages
- LightHouse 3 Basic Operation Instructions
- Axiom MFD Mounting Templates

Q1. what size will the displays come in and will the be flush mountable
A1. Axiom MFDs are being offered in 7", 9", and 12"

Q2 will they operate on 24 volts
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3- will any of my existing periperal system eqpt (auto pilot, transducer, 48inch open array, st speed logs displays etc...) interface with the new system?
A3. Please provide a comprehensive list of the makes/models of the currently installed marine electronics products.

Q4. what media is used to store/load charts and data?
A4. Like Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, Axiom MFDs feature a microSD memory card reader and support use with an optional remote microSD memory card reader.

Q5. will I be able to connect it to my backup system which is an e78?
A5. See the response to Q3 ... Raymarine has produced no product having the name "e78".

Q6. can my fusion system connect to it?
A6. Not within the initial software release. It is possible that a future LightHouse 3 software update will add support for Fusion stereo head units.

Q7. can I connect flir nightvision cams to it
A7. Yes - IP camera input only

Q8. will it have multiple inputs for camera feeds (currently- my Gseries displays - which I have 2 on lower station and 1 on upper station- can feed 9 different camera feeds in since each display can take 3 cams.
A8. Up to 10 IP Cameras ... no analog camera input ports

Q9. will it connect to/or share my existing downvision transdcuer that is connected to the e78?
A9. Is is possible that you actually own an a78 or eS78 MFD? If so, then it may be interfaced to a AXIOM MFD following the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and subsequent installation of the LightHouse 3 software into the a78 MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q10. will it connect to my a350 ais receiver
A10. Yes

Q11. will it connect to my ray 240 vhf radio
A11. An E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit may be used to supply the Ray240 with GPS data.
03-09-17, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck, thansk for the info.

I have a G Series system installed aboard, with (3) monitors. I also have a backup system that is an eS78. will axiom connect to eS78? Will the 48 inc open array that is connected to my G series work on axiom?
03-10-17, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
David,

An a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD (ex. your eS78 MFD) may be interfaced to a AXIOM MFD following the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and subsequent installation of the LightHouse 3 software into the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

The currently installed open array radar pedestal be a HD/SuperHD Open Array Pedestal's Digital Radar Cable may be disconnected from the G-Series system and instead be interfaced to the AXIOM MFD or to an Ethernet Switch (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch, SeaTalkhs Network Switch, etc.) to which the AXIOM MFD has been interfaced.
03-10-17, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 01:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
If that is the case,,, could I connect the HD radar array to a swithch and right now, before I get the axiom, connect it to my eS78 as well as th G series, in essence, SHARE the radar between the G series and the eS78?
03-10-17, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 01:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
David,

Q. If that is the case,,, could I connect the HD radar array to a swithch and right now, before I get the axiom, connect it to my eS78 as well as th G series, in essence, SHARE the radar between the G series and the eS78?
A. Incorrect. It will not be possible to share radar between a G-Series system and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs or AXIOM MFDs. It is not permissible to interface an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD to an Ethernet network which includes any type of MFD(s) other than an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. This list will expand to include AXIOM MFDs following the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Accordingly, the radar currently installed Digital Radar Cable would need to be disconnected from the G-Series Ethernet network and then connected to the Ethernet network which will eventually link the AXIOM MFD and eS78 MFD in order to utilize the radar features of these MFDs. Alternatively, a dedicated radome or open array radar pedestal could be installed for exclusive use with the AXIOM MFD and eS78 MFD.
03-10-17, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
gotcha....
ok, so is there a way to get (from raymarine) a listing of the parts that I would need in order to replace the (3) Gseries displays, and connect to existing radar, and ais350.
03-10-17, 03:19 PM
Dave,

Q. ok, so is there a way to get (from raymarine) a listing of the parts that I would need in order to replace the (3) Gseries displays, and connect to existing radar, and ais350.
A. Please refer to my initial comment to have you respond with a comprehensive list of the makes and models of each of the devices within your marine electronics system. While I have some generic descriptions of the devices which have been interfaced to your system (auto pilot, transducer, 48inch open array, st speed logs displays etc...), the only definitively identified devices provided thus are the eS78 MFD and AIS350. Should you need assistance in identifying the currently installed devices, I may be able to refer you to a Certified Raymarine Installer in your area. I would additionally need to know whether you will be seeking RealVision 3Dâ„¢ sonar features, the size of the displays (9" or 12") which you would like to install, type of cartography (LightHouse, Navionics, or C-Map) to be used, and the deadrise of the hull.
07-07-17, 02:50 PM
question #6 Q6. can my fusion system connect to it?
A6. Not within the initial software release. It is possible that a future LightHouse 3 software update will add support for Fusion stereo head units.

I have the Axiom with the LightHouse 3 software. The book says I can connect the axiom to my stereo... the salesman said I could also... my installer said I cant... HUH>??

can you help? Identify the products I may need to purchase, etc? Thanks
07-07-17, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Betsy,

The currently supported features of Raymarine's Axiom MFDs may be found within the latest version of the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Instructions. Per section 12.1 Audio app overview, the LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs presently supports integration with the Rockford Fosgate PMX-5 / RMX-8 stereo systems via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications. Please see my prior comment regarding LightHouse 3 software support for Fusion stereo systems.