Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viewing a Raymarine IP Camera's Web Page
03-13-17, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-17 11:58 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Viewing a Raymarine IP Camera's Web Page
Following the instructions in Chuck's post I found the Cam210's web address being 192.168.1.100

Then following the instruction I should have been able to access the camera setup using Internet Explorer, changing the Security Level per the instructions in the manual to Custom Level, Prompt.

However, I can not find the camera doing this. I get an error message.

I am sure I am missing a step.. any ideas?

Thank You
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-17, 11:57 AM
RE: Viewing a Rayumarinme IP Camera's Web Page
Hi Trawlerboat,

I suggest running IPscan again. Once you have the IP address, try to browse to it. The camera is defaulted to use DHCP and the address can change. For example, if the camera has powered down in between scanning for its address and browsing to it, the IP address may change. If you continue to have an error after another attempt, you should send the unit to our service department for evaluation. You can book a repair using the following link: Raymarine’s Product Repair Center

Please review the following before proceeding: Accessing the camera web page PDF

- Dave
03-14-17, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-17 07:58 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Viewing a Raymarine IP Camera's Web Page
Thanks Dave, unfortunately the same resulting IP Address kept coming up. I made sure all security software was turned off, that I was running IE. Therefore, I have made the need arrangements and sent it back to Raymarine for evaluation. This is a brand new unit, arrived last Thursday. It was connected to a 12 volt battery and to my laptop to try and change it so it would mirror the image (reverse image needed).

I appreciate your quick response and I am sure the repair center will square this away..

Barry
03-16-17, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-17 07:25 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dave,

Mark from the repair center called me to say the Camera is all set. The problem was that the software for the camera kept coming up with the IP Address of 1902.168.1.100 each time I tried. He had to manually change the address to a different address and was then able to access the camera settings.

You may want to alter the instructions to indicate this situation in the future. Glad it was not a problem with the camera or the operator (me).

Many thanks for the great and quick support. Please pass on my thanks to Mark B. also.

Barry
03-17-17, 07:26 AM
Hi Barry,

Thank you for the information. Mark and I have passed the information along to the proper parties. I am glad Mark was able to help you out.

- Dave
05-17-17, 08:52 PM
Hi Chuck
Just setting uo a new cam210ip camera and trying to view its webpage on my pc running windows 8.1.The camera is powered with a poe injector and I have a green led on the injector and a red led on the camera indicating power.The ip scan software finds the camera promptly at address 192.168.1.100.The camera is running software version1.1.7.2 20160404.
When I go to that address on internet explorer the camera does not respond and the web page does not come up and the search times out.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for an excellent forum
05-18-17, 08:57 AM
AJS,

Based upon the data which you have provided, the camera appears to be configured for DHCP rather than a static IP address. It is recommended that you verify that the PC's Network Settings (Internet Protocl V4) for the LAN interface have been configured to automatically obtain an IP address (i.e. DHCP) rather than being configured with a static IP address. It is further recommended that Chrome be used to access the camera's web page.
05-18-17, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-17 12:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck
Will do thanks very much for the prompt response
05-18-17, 12:22 PM
You're welcome.
05-18-17, 04:51 PM
(05-18-17 12:22 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  You're welcome.

Chuck
I tried.your suggestions.
LAN configuration set to automatic
Google chrome used to communicate
Same response
"192.168.1.100 took too long to respond"
Any other ideas?
Thanks