Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST60 Wind Cal Factor
03-13-17, 02:53 PM
ST60 Wind Cal Factor
Boat has an ST60 Wind Instrument, software version 3.06. The original wind transducer was replaced with the newer style (long stem) transducer.

The owner states that "...there is a calibration factor for the wind speed that needs to be set to 0.70. When I tried to do this the lowest setting was 0.75...so all of the wind information is not correct."

The boat is unstepped inside a building, I was able to connect the transducer at the mast step and get into Dealer Calibration. The wind speed factor is indeed set to 0.75. The ST60 manual gives the range as 0.75 to 1.25.

My question is what SHOULD the wind speed factor be?

I have looked at another boat with an ST60 Wind Inst. but the older style wind transducer and that had the factor set to 0.70.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-17, 07:54 AM
RE: ST60 Wind Cal Factor
Hi Kevin,

Wind speed correction factor should be a comparison between another wind reading and the readout of your transducer. So, for example, if your weather station is saying wind is 10 MPH and your transducer is reading 11, then your correction factor should be .9 or -10%.

- Dave
03-23-17, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-17 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, if this is the case I'll have to wait until commissioning and compare to another boat on the dock.

I appreciate the response.
03-23-17, 09:27 AM
You're welcome.