Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-150 - Voltage - Pump Supply
06-27-17, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-17 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
EV-150 - Voltage - Pump Supply
I purchased the #V-150 and the Type 1 Pump. I am having an issue with the pump not engaging 100%. When I switch the autopilot to Auto - you can hear the pump work to actuate but it doesn't engage. I look at the voltage and I am at 13.8V at the ES128 MFD. It seems like the voltage being supplied to the pump is not sufficient. What additional information do you need to help with a resolution. thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-17, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-17 02:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: EV-150 - Voltage - Pump Supply
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brett,

The ACU-150 is designed for use with the M81120 12VDC Type 1 Hydraulic Pump. Please verify that is hasn't been interfaced to a 24VDC hydraulic pump by examining the pump's label for the pump's part number.

If interfaced to the correct model of hydraulic pump, then it is recommended that the ACU-150 be bypassed to test the autopilot's hydraulic pump. To do so,
1) the rudder should be centered,
2) the pump's power leads should be temporarily disconnected from the ACU-150.
3) the pump's power leads will then be connected momentarily to +12VDC and -12VDC to verify that the pump is able to drive the rudder in one direction.
4) the pump's power leads will be disconnected from +12VDC and -12VDC
5) Steps 1 through 4 will be repeated, this time reversing the connections to +12VDC and -12VDC to verify rudder movement in the opposite direction.

Is your pump operating properly when connected directly to power?
06-27-17, 04:28 PM
Hi Chuck-
If I hook the pump up directly to 12v it pumps fine. I purchased the complete package from Raymarine about 2 months ago and just got the system up and running. It is the 12V pump.
06-28-17, 08:42 AM
Brett,

As it appears that the pump is functioning correctly when interfaced directly to power, it is recommended that the pump be reconnected to the autopilot course computer's motor A/B terminals. While tied dockside or at anchor, the autopilot should then be commanded into AUTO mode and then 10 to 20 degrees of heading change should be commanded in one direction. Should the rudder move in the commanded direction, then the autopilot should immediately be commanded into STANDBY mode, the rudder centered, and then 0 to 20 degrees of heading change should be commanded in the opposite direction. Once again, should the rudder move in the commanded direction, then the autopilot should immediately be commanded into STANDBY mode. Should the rudder move as described above, then the autopilot would be deemed to be operating correctly. However, should the commands for heading change not result in steering, then the ACU-150 should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.