Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Axiom Setup
03-22-17, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-20 02:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New Axiom Setup
Hi,
I have some questions in regards to the new Axiom system before my install. Currently I have ordered the Axiom 9 3D model and very excited to start using it!

1) If I added a second screen, which Axiom 7 model would I need? I was confused on the ability to have say sonar on one and 3D on the other.

2) In relation to the question above, can two screens share the same Transducer?

3) If the two systems are linked, would just a RayNet cable between the two complete this?

4) Currently I have a Dragonfly already installed. If I was to keep this on the boat as a backup system can I mount the new 3D RV Transducer next to the existing Dragonfly transducer? I wasn't sure about interference between the two. (Transom Mounts)

5) Can the Axiom wifi settings allow an iPad to connect to do sonar or mapping on side?

6) As for the flush mounting of the Axiom, does all the equipment for this come with the unit? Will the flush mount sun cover come with it?

Sorry for all the questions. Thank you Raymarine for the assistance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-17, 01:49 PM
RE: New Axiom Setup
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Solo_Cam21,

Q1) If I added a second screen, which Axiom 7 model would I need? I was confused on the ability to have say sonar on one and 3D on the other.
A1) Like a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, AXIOM MFDs are designed to share all interfaced resources within other compatible MFDs (i.e. another AXIOM MFD). Accordingly, an AXIOM RV MFD (has transducer socket for and processor circuitry for a RealVision 3D transducer) may be interfaced to any model of AXIOM MFD to support displaying RealVision 3D sonar on any of the AXIOM MFDs.

Q2) In relation to the question above, can two screens share the same Transducer?
A2) Yes.

Q3) If the two systems are linked, would just a RayNet cable between the two complete this?
A3) Yes.

Q4) Currently I have a Dragonfly already installed. If I was to keep this on the boat as a backup system can I mount the new 3D RV Transducer next to the existing Dragonfly transducer? I wasn't sure about interference between the two. (Transom Mounts)
A4) As long the transducer located alongside the RealVision 3D transducer does not expose the RealVision 3D transducer to an aerated flow of water, little or no interference would be expected.

Q5) Can the Axiom wifi settings allow an iPad to connect to do sonar or mapping on side?
A5) Coincident or shortly after the release of the AXIOM MFDs, Raymarine will release updated mobile apps to support connecting to the MFDs via Wi-Fi to permit the MFD to be remotely controlled and for the MFD's screen to be repeated on the mobile device.

Q6) As for the flush mounting of the Axiom, does all the equipment for this come with the unit? Will the flush mount sun cover come with it?
A6) The AXIOM MFDs are packaged with a sun cover and Trunion brackets to support bracket mounting the MFD. Front Mount Kits are available to support mounting the AXIOM MFDs within the helm surface. The sun cover packaged with the AXIOM MFD may also be used when the MFD mounted within the helm surface using the corresponding Front Mount Kit.
03-22-17, 04:20 PM
Thank you Chuck.

Just to reference a little more on question 1 answer. So I can just connect the (E70363) model 7 and be able to complete this.
If I'm following as long as the main Axiom 9 is on and running I can throw up the chart, sonar, 3D, etc... on the 7 screen?

Thank you
03-23-17, 08:12 AM
Solo_Cam21,

Q1. Just to reference a little more on question 1 answer. So I can just connect the (E70363) model 7 and be able to complete this.
If I'm following as long as the main Axiom 9 is on and running I can throw up the chart, sonar, 3D, etc... on the 7 screen?
A1. Yes.
04-16-20, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-20 02:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck, sorry to resurrect this thread but I have the same question and wanted to clarify your response. It sounds like the suncover that is included with the Axiom 9 will only work when bracket mounted. The included suncover will not fit if the Axiom is surface/flush mounted using the rear mount brackets. Instead a Front Mount Kit would need to be used in order to use the suncover. Is this an accurate summation?
04-16-20, 03:00 PM
RE: [CA11] New Axiom Setup
aneckar1,

My prior responses within this thread addressed the an Axiom 7 installation. Regarding the Axiom 7, the sun cover provided in the box is for use in Trunnion bracket installations. When Surface mounting the Axiom 7, accessory sun cover R70527 is required. No sun cover is available for Flush mount installations of the Axiom 7.

Like Axiom 7 MFDs, the R70530 sun cover provided in the box of the Axiom 9 MFDs is for use in Trunnion bracket installations. When using the R70531 Axiom 9 Rear Mounting Kit to front/surface mount the Axiom 9 MFD, the accessory A80501 Axiom 9 Front Mount Sun Cover is required. More information concerning the Axiom 9 Rear Mounting Kit may be found within Chapter 3.5 - Surface or flush mounting using the Rear Mount Kit of the Axiom Installation Instructions.