Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a98 wifi connections
04-05-17, 09:09 AM
a98 wifi connections
Hi moderator,
I have an a98 with wifi on my boat. My friend also has the a98 mounted in his boat. If I create a route with waypoints, is there a way for me to transfer wirelessly the route and waypoints to his a98?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-17, 10:51 AM
RE: a98 wifi connections
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum unixdood,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer waypoint, route, and track data between a pair of Wi-Fi equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs via a a direct Wi-Fi connection between the MFD. It is possible to transfer waypoint and route data from a Wi-Fi equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD to the Navionics Boating app installed on a mobile device and then transfer (synchronize) the data store within the Navionics Boating app to another MFD. That said, it is generally far easier and quicker to simply command the source MFD to export the data to a microSD memory card, bring the card to the other MFD, insert it into the other MFD's memory card reader, and then command the receiving MFD to import the data from the microSD memory card.
04-07-17, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the reply. Would be cool to be able to send a trip planned to all in the fleet who are going.
04-07-17, 11:23 AM
unixdood,

Thanks for the additional comments. A feature suggestion will be logged accordingly to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse software update. In the interim, you may want to consider exporting the route(s) to a GPX file and then e-mailing the GPX file to others.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.