Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES128 - Questions
03-24-17, 08:26 PM
ES128 - Questions
Hello Chuck-
I have the ES128 new install - tried it out for the first time today on the water. A couple of questions:

1: I have the GA150 external GPS Antenna - I have been trying to figure out how to have the MFD make the GA150 the primary antenna?

2: I turned on the community edits for the display - I would actually like to remove them from the screen. I tried turning them off but they are still visible.

Thanks,
Brett
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-17, 09:13 AM
RE: ES128 - Questions
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brett,

Q1. I have the GA150 external GPS Antenna - I have been trying to figure out how to have the MFD make the GA150 the primary antenna?
A1. Understand that the GA150 is a passive GPS antenna, having about as much processing capability as the AM/FM antenna on your automobile. The function of the GA150 is to relay / amplify received GPS signal which in turn will be passed to the MFD's internal GPS receiver. Unless the system includes other MFDs w/internal GPS receivers or includes a GPS sensor (ex. Raystar 150/130 GPS Sensor, Airmar Weather Station, etc.), then the system will automatically use the MFD's internal GPS receiver (with the aid of the GA150) as its GPS data source. Should the system feature more than one source of GPS data, then the MFD's Data Sources feature would be used to specify which GPS data source will be used by the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply