Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skeeter boat / DragonFly transducer location
03-30-17, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-17 11:15 AM by Skeeter.)
Skeeter boat / DragonFly transducer location
This is my first newer style Finder . I purchased 2 Dragonfly pro 7 .
One for the trolling motor the other for the driver seat. My b oat is a 1988 Skeeter SF175SX. Wow these new transducer long. Please take a looing the pics for advise on mounting transducer.
1- will show it mounted on the bottom near temp sensor
2 will show it mounted just below that where the bottom of the transducer will be a level the pad on the boat, and the mount will be actually bottom side if that make sense.
Thanks Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-17, 09:26 AM
RE: Skeeter boat / DragonFly transducer location
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

Should the transducer be mounted as shown within the first photo (i.e. to the transom), then the transducer's location should be able to support operation of the fishfinding product at trolling speeds (i.e. speeds at which fishing is conducted). However, as there is a step located forward of the transducer, when the vessel's speed approaches that required to plane, it would be expected that the water moving across the face of the transducer will become aerated. When a fishfinder's transducer is exposed to an aerated flow of water, the the fishfinder will typically lose contact with the bottom and will then commence with automatic adjustments to the depth range in an attempt to reacquire contact with the bottom. Given this limitation, this would typically be the recommended location for a fishfinder transducer. Installation of the transducer in the location shown within the second location may permit the transducer to skim at higher speeds, but would bypass the transducer's ability to kick up should it strike an object within the water or be exposed to excessive forces when traveling at speed. Such excessive forces may result in failure of the transducer's mounting bracket. Failure to install the transducer in a manner which will permit it to kick up under such conditions may void the product's warranty.

Should a customer have questions concerning product warranty, they should be addressed to Raymarine's Warranty Team (warranty@raymarine.com; 603.324.7900).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply