Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VoyagePlanner Downloading Charts
04-11-17, 02:34 PM
Question VoyagePlanner Downloading Charts
I just purchased VoyagerPlanner to help manage my eS128. It is activated and registered. I am unable to download maps from LightHouse Store. I have purchased 2 LightHouse vector maps and have successfully downloaded them using LightHouse Manager. When I go to Charts -> Download LightHouse Store Charts -> Raymarine LightHouse Charts, I get a blank list. The URL is https://charts.raymarine.com/
When I click on the Chart Download ?(help) button, I get: Cannot open the file: C:\Users\baine\AppData\Roaming\Raymarine\VoyagePlanner-EN.chm
That file doesn't exist.
Under Settings -> Show Account Information, I get:
Expiration: 4/11/2117 12:27 PM
Storage Used: 0 B
Storage Available: 0 B
Bandwidth Used: 0 B
Bandwidth Available: 0 B
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-17, 03:36 PM
RE: VoyagePlanner Downloading Charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Russell,

When were the two LightHouse Charts purchased from the Charts Store?
04-11-17, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-17 08:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
One came with my MFD in October 2015 and the other was purchased from the Charts Store on 12/27/2016. I am still able to download updates to the first.
04-13-17, 08:04 AM
Russell,

Your Chart Store account has the following charts:

NOAA Vector - Hawaii Pacific (note: S57 vector)
NOAA Vector - Pacific Southwest (note: S57 vector)
New Zealand Raster Charts (raster – older 2015 product file)

The product Compatibilities tab of each of these products (query them under https://charts.raymarine.com/products ) does not have a check mark beside Voyage Planner. Only those charts having a check mark would be deemed compatible with Voyage Planner.

Reason: during completion of the project to enable Voyage Planner to read / display RX5 files, those based on Vector charts were found to be unsuitable for use in the Voyage Planner, while RX5 for raster charts was fine. In other words, if a customer had NOAA Raster – Hawaii Pacific, and NOAA Raster – Pacific Southwest from charts.raymarine.com then Voyage Planner would list them as Compabitible, would allow them to be downloaded, and would present the corresponding quilted raster charts.

The older 2015 chart set of New Zealand was not processed to work with Voyage Planner ... all that processing happened in 2016. A query has been submitted to determine whether the newer chart set of New Zealand has been processed and this post will be updated accordingly upon receiving a response from chart processing team.

Ashe vector versions of the NOAA chart sets in charts.raymarine.com are not (yet) compatible with Voyage Planner, it is recommended that the following workaround be employed to download US NOAA Vector Charts providing coverage for Hawaii into Voyage Planner:

Your easy work-around solution is to use the built-in ability of Voyage Planner to download US NOAA charts aside from charts.raymarine.com. In the Voyage Planner menu Charts > Download NOAA Charts… you will be prompted for RNC versus ENC: select NOAA ENC. Then select region 14 San Francisco to Cape Flattery and let that download. It takes several minutes to both download and several more minutes for the software to stitch together all parts of the region. After that, also download (at the bottom of the list) the 40 Hawaiian Islands and US Territories. Others may be downloaded in addition, as needed. In the end, click Charts > Open Chart > NOAA ENC and the various regions will be listed there ready for viewing.
04-13-17, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-17 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the info. Having raster NOAA charts at no cost is an acceptable interim solution. I will be waiting for the vector support as I like the small map size and modifiable depth thresholds.
04-13-17, 01:48 PM
You're welcome.