Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-100 Installation
04-11-17, 06:08 AM
EV-100 Installation
New to the forum, new to Raymarine products. I am attaching a diagram of my planned installation of my EV-100 on a small power boat (32'). Do you think this setup would work? A couple of questions came to mind. Do I need to power the ST-STng converter? It came with a power cable. And can I connect the P70Rs to the white socket on the ST-STng converter? I thought all the ports on the converter would be ST, not STng. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-17, 02:30 PM
RE: EV-100 Installation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum colbournee,

Your diagram looks great. The only change which I would recommend is to change move the SeaTalkng Power Cable to the spur socket located next to the backbone socket having a Backbone Cable inserted within it. Doing so will better balance the backbone's LEN load (i.e. the backbone's LEN load should be equally distributed on either side of the spur socket into which the SeaTalkng Power Cable has been inserted).

Q1. Do I need to power the ST-STng converter? It came with a power cable.
A1. No. The SeaTalkng backbone will be powered via a single power insertion spur which will be located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load.

Q2. Can I connect the P70RS to the white socket on the ST-STng converter? I thought all the ports on the converter would be ST, not STng.
A2. Yes, the p70RS may be interfaced to either white spur socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Only the yellow socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is designed to be interfaced to a SeaTalk bus or SeaTalk device.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply