Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 7" to Windows 10
04-22-17, 02:20 PM
Dragonfly 7" to Windows 10
I am trying to get the marks from the GPS to our windows 10 machine.
1) I have loaded GPS Babel, although I am not sure what input file to use but I have d/loaded all the data to the SD Card.

2) So I have 2 main files, Garmin & Navionics as well as a couple of fsh files and some bmp dump files that are pictures saved from the Sonar. Can't find any waypoint files in format GPS Babel recognises though?

3) I have tried inserting a blank sd card as per the manual ​but the GPS doesn't recognise it once it is in. What format should I make it? FAT32 or NTFS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-17, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-17 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Dragonfly 7" to Windows 10
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Paul,

Unfortunately, I can't provide instructions on the use of third party software. When operating with the latest available Raymarine product software update, Dragonfly displays are capable of exporting waypoints and tracks in GPX file format. Should your Dragonfly display not be operating with the latest software update, then it is recommended that its software be updated and that afterwards, its waypoints and tracks be exported.
Raymarine recommends that customers of its products use Raymarine Voyage Planner PC software for waypoint and route planning. Voyage Planner can also export waypoint and route data to an Excel spreadsheet. While Raymarine recommends Raymarine Voyage Planner PC software for such purposes, any navigational planning application supporting GPX file format may be used for such purposes.
04-28-17, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-17 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck, how would I update the software? I do understand that you can't explain about 3rd party software, that issue is now resolved. However when i go to the waypoints and tracks and click save waypoint to card it says saving but there is no gpx file on it! Is this an issue that can be fixed with updating the software?

Again thank you.
04-28-17, 01:55 PM
Paul,

Q1. how would I update the software?
A1. Assuming that you are asking how the Dragonfly display's software would be updated, please click on the link provided within my prior response and then click on the Dragonfly Software link to display the corresponding Dragonfly Software update web page. On the Dragonfly Software Update web page, you will find link to download the latest Dragonfly software, as well a link for the associated installation instructions. In a nutshell, the displays software is designed to be performed by copying downloaded software update files to a blank microSD memory card, placing the memory card into the memory card reader of an unpowered Dragonfly display, and then switching the display ON to perform the software update.

Q2. when i go to the waypoints and tracks and click save waypoint to card it says saving but there is no gpx file on it! Is this an issue that can be fixed with updating the software?
A2. When updated with the latest software, no option will be provided to select between exporting the data to a GPX file or FSH file. Instead, a Dragonfly display which has been updated with the latest software will only export waypoint and track data in GPX file format.
04-28-17, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-17 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
A1, Thanks did find it on the website and have the download available, we have V6.** on the GPS.

A2, not sure what you mean by FSH file. As there wasn't a gpx file on it I assumed this was what I needed, the Rep at Raymarine told me they would be saved as a GPX file, However I do remember seeing an FSH file on the SD Card, so would that be the saved waypoints then?

Again thank you for your patience.
04-28-17, 03:42 PM
Paul,

Q1) Thanks did find it on the website and have the download available, we have V6.** on the GPS.
A1) As your Dragonfly several revisions behind, it's software will need to be updated to produce a GPX file containing your waypoint and track data.

Q2, not sure what you mean by FSH file. As there wasn't a gpx file on it I assumed this was what I needed, the Rep at Raymarine told me they would be saved as a GPX file, However I do remember seeing an FSH file on the SD Card, so would that be the saved waypoints then?
A2. The early Dragonfly and MFD software exported waypoint and track data in Raymarine's proprietary FSH file format (commonly referred to as a FSH file). Raymarine's latest software for Dragonfly displays and MFDs instead utilizes the more commonly supported GPX file format.
04-28-17, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-17 08:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK, all is clear now and thank you for taking the time. I will update the software tomorrow and sort out the gpx file from there.
05-01-17, 08:17 AM
You're welcome.