Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] S100 Remote Control With EV-200
04-18-17, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-18 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] S100 Remote Control With EV-200
I have the EV-200 system with rotary drive for my sailboat and purchased the S100 Remote Control. How does this thing setup/connect to the autopilot? Specifically how does the base station connect to the EV-200? There are what I think are SeaTalk wire plug-ins but where do they plug into? Do I need another piece of equipment to connect the S100 to the EV-200?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-17, 02:18 PM
RE: S100 Remote Control With EV-200
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum baysailor34,

Unlike the Evolution autopilots, which feature a SeaTalkng communications interface, the SmartController and the base stations designed for use with the SmartController and S100 feature a SeaTalk communications interface. To add one of these wireless Raymarine autopilot remotes, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter must be installed as a backbone component to the SeaTalkng backbone which is or will be installed to support communications between the Evolution autopilot components. The base station supplied with the wireless autopilot remote will then be interfaced to the SeaTalk port of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
04-30-17, 12:09 PM
I have the same combination. The remote is the last remaining SeaTalk1 component in the system - everything else is SeaTalkNG. Does Raymarine make a remote that doesn't require the converter to work on SeaTalkNG?
05-01-17, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

Q. Does Raymarine make a remote that doesn't require the converter to work on SeaTalkNG?
A. Raymarine has not yet introduced a wireless autopilot remote whose base station is designed to be directly installed as a spur to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. A product suggestion has been logged to offer such a product in the future.
05-01-17, 04:00 PM
Thanks Chuck.

My recollection is that having the converter in the system prevents me from using the selectable data source function on the i70 (or i70s). This function could become important if a transducer or other data source failed, so I'm hoping to eliminate the converter. Is this assumption still correct?
05-02-17, 08:48 AM
Bob,

Q: My recollection is that having the converter in the system prevents me from using the selectable data source function on the i70 (or i70s). This function could become important if a transducer or other data source failed, so I'm hoping to eliminate the converter. Is this assumption still correct?

A. This is no longer correct. Per the FAQ found here, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters which have been updated with the latest software will not block Data Source Selection.
05-02-17, 10:18 AM
Good to know! I have all the software upgraded so I'll experiment with Data Source Selection, now that I can. The primary concern is speed input to the ACU-200 if the transducer is damaged (it's the older, paddle-wheel type). The older autopilots would still work without speed input but this one loses it's mind.
05-02-17, 11:01 AM
Bob,

When operating with the latest Evolution autopilot software, the Evolution autopilots support choice of using a Speed (through water) (the default setting) or GPS SOG as a speed source for autopilot performance purposes.
05-02-17, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-17 11:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
We often sail in a lot of current here on San Francisco Bay so SOG is not reliable for speed input. However if the speed transducer malfunctioned it would be a temporary solution, so I'm glad that option is now available. Thanks again.
05-02-17, 11:54 AM
You're welcome.