Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom MFD with SPX-30 Autopilot controller
04-23-17, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom MFD with SPX-30 Autopilot controller
I am in the process of replacing my 30 year old radar and MFD and am looking at the Axiom MFD and Quantum radar.

I currently have an SPX-30 autopilot controller that is relatively new that I would like to keep in the system. It is currently connected to the Raymarine backbone and integrated with the i50 & i60 Speed/Depth/Wind Value Pack and a Vesper XB-8000 AIS.

Will the Axiom MFD ( E70369-00-NAG AXIOM 12 RV Multi-function Display with RealVisionâ„¢ 3D and Navionics+ Charts ) be compatible with this if connected to the backbone and would it be able to control the Autopilot to steer to a waypoint? All I have seen in the literature discusses controlling the new Evolution controllers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-17, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-17 12:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom MFD with SPX-30 Autopilot controller
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gbtillman,

When updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates SPX autopilots are indeed compatible with the Axiom MFDs and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and the Autopilot Controls feature of these MFDs may be utilized. Systems featuring a SPX autopilot course computer must additionally include a compatible (with SPX autopilot course computer) autopilot control head to support calibration and configuration of the autopilot's settings.
04-25-17, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-17 02:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The current control is an ST7002. Will this work or will replacement be required?
04-25-17, 02:32 PM
Gbtillman,

There is no need to change the autopilot control head from the ST7002 currently owned.
06-23-18, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom MFD with SPX-30 Autopilot controller
Will the advance to next waypoint, reset xte and acknowledge functions work on the Axiom display with the SPX 30 a/p? Sounds as if they will. I will have the latest software-3.5-xx
06-25-18, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 10:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom MFD with SPX-30 Autopilot controller
Carl,

Q1. Will the advance to next waypoint, reset xte and acknowledge functions work on the Axiom display with the SPX 30 a/p? Sounds as if they will. I will have the latest software-3.5-xx
A1. The Autopilot Controls feature of MFDs running LightHouse 3 software is exclusively designed for use with Evolution autopilots. While those having compatible autopilots may interface their autopilot to the MFD running LightHouse 3 software, the autopilot's control head must be used for all set-up and control of the autopilot. The Advance Waypoint and Restart XTE functions are features are navigation features associated with the Chart application ... these are not features of the Autopilot Controls LightHouse 3 feature.