Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Integrating Fusion
05-31-16, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-18 02:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Integrating Fusion
I have a Fusion UD750 along with the wired remote (NRX-100i).

I read the sticky post above about the suggestion of interfacing the unit with the Ethernet port vs. NMEA2000.

I believe the NRX200i is a nmea2000 system, and when I installed my a12 this weekend, I wasn't sure the best way to add the fusion to the nmea setup - I believe the power for the remote is through the nmea from the fusion stereo, and my seatalk network always has power.

Questions

1) If I use the RJ45 off the back of the fusion with the adapter talked about in the sticky post - what will I 'lose' on the fusion? I don't believe that Ethernet is used for anything else, correct?

2) If I chose to add the NMEA2000 connection that exists right now between the NRX remote and the fusion UD750 to the seatalk network - do I need to turn off the power option on the ud750 since the seatalk is powered from the autopilot?

3) If I use NMEA2000 -> seatalk vs. the rj45 do I lose any functionality from the MDF perspective.

Hope this all makes sense :)

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-16, 10:28 PM
RE: Integrating Fusion
So I've done more reading on this, the Raymarine manuals, and called fusion. Even more confused.

Fusion says not to use Ethernet, to use N2k

Raymarine says Ethernet -> SeatalkHS to the back of the a12

If I do the Ethernet directly into the a12, does this mean I'll lose the ability to connect to the Fusion from my iPhone/etc since today - that unit is connected to the Ethernet switch on my boat?
06-01-16, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-16 01:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Integrating Fusion
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum psubill78,

It appears as though you have either misunderstood or have been misinformed. Per the FAQ found here, Fusion 700 and 750 Series Marine Stereo head units may be interfaced to the Raymarine system via either an Ethernet or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 network, but not both. The advantage of the Ethernet network is that it provides faster communications, supports album art in conjunction with the Fusion app, and would permit the Fusion app installed and running on a mobile device to remotely control the Fusion 700 and 750 Series Stereo head units to be remotely controlled via the this app. The latter would require that the mobile device connect to the MFD's Wi-Fi communications interface. An added benefit is that the mobile device's Bluetooth is then freed up to use with other devices.

Should the MFD be interfaced via an Ethernet network to a Fusion 700 or 750 Series Stereo head unit and should one additionally desire to install a Fusion wired remote and desire to remotely control the Fusion 700 or 750 Series Stereo Head Unit while the Raymarine equipment is in the OFF state, then it would be recommended again that the MFD be interfaced to the Stereo Head Unit via Ethernet and that the backbone used to interface the NRX-100i wired remote to the 700 or 750 Series Stereo Head Unit only contain Fusion devices. Any other Raymarine or third party SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 products would be interfaced to one another by a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone dedicated to these marine electronics devices.

Q1. If I use the RJ45 off the back of the fusion with the adapter talked about in the sticky post - what will I 'lose' on the fusion? I don't believe that Ethernet is used for anything else, correct?
A1. Nothing. See the information within the opening paragraph of this response.

Q2. If I chose to add the NMEA2000 connection that exists right now between the NRX remote and the fusion UD750 to the seatalk network - do I need to turn off the power option on the ud750 since the seatalk is powered from the autopilot?
A2. Yes.

Q3. If I use NMEA2000 -> seatalk vs. the rj45 do I lose any functionality from the MDF perspective.
A3. See the information within the opening paragraph of this response.
06-21-18, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-18 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Integrating Fusion
on read everything I can I have E165 with lighthouse II with update software of release 19.
I have fusion 700 connected via directions above it goes through the nema 200 to device net cable then to the ng backbone that has power.

when MFD is on i have icon for audio but the Fusion is not connected

what can i be missing please help
06-21-18, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-18 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

If interfaced to a Fusion entertainment product, you will need to use the MFD's Homescreen customization feature to reconfigure the page icon which is presently causing the Audio app to be launched to instead cause the Fusion app to be launched. Details concerning changes to the Homescreen's pages are covered within Chapter 3.8 - Pages of the LightHouse II Release 19 Operating Instructions.
06-24-18, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 08:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thank you got icon on on M<FD screen still no luck. oh well no worries. such work.
06-25-18, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tony,

I would recommend that you verify that your backbone is properly terminated. When the backbone has been powered (as you have indicated) and you there are no faults within the construction and components of the backbone, all devices which have been interfaced to the MFD via SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications will be listed within the MFD's Select Devices list. Should problems persist with your Fusion stereo integration, then please choose the option to save the information from the Select Devices list and then attach the saved Diagnostics...html file to your response, along with a system diagram of your marine electronics system (hand drawn will suffice) for further analysis.
06-25-18, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you. I decided just to send in both units for diagnosis th e165 and A98 once I did the software update is when I started having issues thanks again.
And yes backbone terminated powered correctly.

I have
Acu 150 ng
Evo 100 ng
Cp450 raynet to a98
P70r ng
Radome 24hd raynet to e165
E165&A98 raynet together
Fusion is on ng via device net to fusion nema
Also have yamaha engine data on ng via converter
External gps antenna also on ng
Checked all ng wires and connection all tested

Pretty simple set up
06-25-18, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-18 10:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Noted. See PM sent to you.