Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed Test with new i70S
04-25-17, 08:15 AM
Speed Test with new i70S
I hooked up my new i70S instrument this weekend with the boat now in the water. During the initial setup (dockside with no water movement past the boat), the i70s detected my iTC-5 depth signal just fine but the speed/temp was greyed-out on the display. I opened the iTC-5 panel and saw a continuous light on the depth connection but blinking green lights on the speed/temp (as well as both rudder and wind which currently have no transducers).

Last season I was getting a signal from the speed/temp transducer just fine. Do I need to be under power or under sail during the initial setup for it to be recognized? I would think that even if I'm not getting a signal from the speed because we're dockside I would at least be getting temp.

I'm using an Airmar through-hull speed/temp transducer (probably 10-12 years old).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-17, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-17 03:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Speed Test with new i70S
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum arcadiahunter28,

Please note that when instrument speed/temP transducers have been interfaced to an iTC-5, the i70/i70S must be commanded to execute Transducers Setup (MENU->SET-UP->TRANSDUCERS SET-UP->CONTINUE->ITC-5->SPEED). Speed transducers must also be calibrated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply