Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom w/ Navionics
04-26-17, 09:08 AM
Axiom w/ Navionics
I just received the Axiom 7 with Navionics charts and have a couple of questions. (I tried searching the forum, so hopefully not repeating!)

1) I understand the feature to connect Raymarine mobile apps to the Axiom is not yet available (according to an answer to a previous post). That being said, are there plans to integrate "Plotter sync" with the Navionics app for Wi-Fi chart updates and the ability to create routes on a mobile device and send to the Axiom? The same way the feature is available for E, C, A, and G series.
The Raymarine website says: "Standard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allows connection to the latest Raymarine apps for tablets and smartphones.

2) Can I not connect an i60 Depth display directly to the NMEA 2000/power cord of the Axiom (via a suitable adaptor)? Do I have to create a Seatalk backbone/network, just to connect the one instrument?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-17, 03:54 PM
RE: Axiom w/ Navionics
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

Q1) I understand the feature to connect Raymarine mobile apps to the Axiom is not yet available (according to an answer to a previous post). That being said, are there plans to integrate "Plotter sync" with the Navionics app for Wi-Fi chart updates and the ability to create routes on a mobile device and send to the Axiom? The same way the feature is available for E, C, A, and G series.
The Raymarine website says: "Standard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allows connection to the latest Raymarine apps for tablets and smartphones.
A1) Please note that the Boating App is a Navionics product. Questions concerning whether the Navionics Boating app will be updated to support integration (waypoint/route synchronization) with Raymarine's MFDs should be addressed to Navionics (508-291-6000).

Q2) Can I not connect an i60 Depth display directly to the NMEA 2000/power cord of the Axiom (via a suitable adaptor)? Do I have to create a Seatalk backbone/network, just to connect the one instrument?
Q2) It is not possible to interface these products in the manner which you have suggested. These products are designed to be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to construct a simple SeaTalkng backbone.
04-27-17, 11:47 AM
Thank you Chuck. Very much appreciated. As far as the Raymarine apps (.e., rayview), do you except support for that?
04-27-17, 02:24 PM
It is quite likely that Raymarine may develop apps for the Axiom MFDs and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs operating with LightHouse 3 software. However, Raymarine has not yet announced a timeline for the introduction of such apps.
04-27-17, 02:34 PM
Brilliant! Thank you.
04-27-17, 02:59 PM
You're welcome.