Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics with C90W
05-03-17, 06:44 AM
Navionics with C90W
Hi,
I know the is Raymarine forums but I have a Navionics question. I understand that my c90w can support 3d views (satellite overlays) with navionics. I read platinum Plus and Hotmaps from navionics will do this but can you tell me the difference between the 2 and what will I get out of my c90w from each?
Thanks
Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-17, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-17 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Navionics with C90W
Bill,

Navionics Platinum Plus cartography is designed to support operation in coastal waters and the Great Lakes. Navionics HotMaps Platinum supports most of the features supported by Navionics Platinum Plus cartography, but is intended to support operation on US and Canadian lakes and rivers (excluding the Great Lakes, which are supported by Navionics Platinum Plus cartography). The determine the appropriate Navionics Platinum Plus or HotMaps Platinum cartography product for the waters which will be navigated, it is recommended that one contact Navionics (508-291-6000) and/or visit the Navionics web site.
05-07-17, 04:11 PM
Chuck,
Thank you so much for the information. 1 More question on maps, are the base maps of the c90w updatable from Raymarine?
05-08-17, 10:31 AM
unixdood,

Q1. Are the base maps of the c90w updatable from Raymarine?
A1. No. Cartography stored on a Navionics chart card which is present in the MFD's memory card reader will override the pre-loaded Navionics Silver cartography within the C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs for the geographic area supported by the chart card. The MFD will display the pre-loaded Navionics Silver cartography for all other areas.