Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from c80
05-03-17, 08:53 AM
Upgrade from c80
Hello,

I have two flush mount c80s in my 2005 270 Outrage, DSM 300, and would like suggestions on the easiest models to upgrade to without having to cut for additional space. Would probably have to order from overseas so a complete parts/models listing would be helpful. Thank you!

Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-17, 09:55 AM
RE: Upgrade from c80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Marc,

1) Is the current system equipped with radar?
2) Are you seeking any additional fishfinder features (ex. DownVision, SideVision, RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar, high power CHIRP Sonar) or will you be seeking to exclusively use the DSM300?
3) Do you have a preference for touch screen alone or touchscreen w/buttons?
4) Do you have a preference for Navionics or C-Map cartography?
5) Are there any other marine electronics products installed onboard which have not yet been specified (ex. instruments, GPS Sensor, autopilot, VHF radio, etc.)? If so, please specify the make/model of each such device.
05-03-17, 02:36 PM
Hi Chuck,

I should elaborate, transducer is a B258 - Part # RAYE66082, would take whatever that unit can handle, the DSM 300 works great for following the edge here but am open to suggestions. Am also open to upgrading/recommendations for vhf and stereo that function alongside units also.

Thanks,

Marc
05-03-17, 02:38 PM
Hi Chuck,

I should elaborate, I have a B258 transducer part # RAYE66082, would love to know what that unit can handle as far as upgrades. Would also take your recommendations on integrated vhf and stereo components too. Thank you,

Marc
05-03-17, 03:26 PM
Marc,

I will need answers to each of the questions included within my initial response to your thread.
05-05-17, 09:22 AM
Hi Chuck,

Apologies, I guess my first response didn't post:

1) Is the current system equipped with radar?

No radar and not looking to add one

2) Are you seeking any additional fishfinder features (ex. DownVision, SideVision, RealVision 3Dâ„¢ Sonar, high power CHIRP Sonar) or will you be seeking to exclusively use the DSM300?

The DSM 300 works fine but am open to suggestions. I am only trolling the edge here and occasionally marlin fishing so would welcome your thoughts onwhat would work with my transducer.

3) Do you have a preference for touch screen alone or touchscreen w/buttons?

Probably touchscreen with buttons.

4) Do you have a preference for Navionics or C-Map cartography?

The 2d works for me, I haven't seen the newer Bermuda maps which is where I am exclusively.

5) Are there any other marine electronics products installed onboard which have not yet been specified (ex. instruments, GPS Sensor, autopilot, VHF radio, etc.)? If so, please specify the make/model of each such device.

All other items are standalone, would welcome thoughts on an integrated package. Am hoping to repower in the next few years to bigger verados and have an autopilot installed at that time so would welcome your suggestions there too.

Stereo is FUSION 750 but looking to upgrade to newest model there.
05-05-17, 09:26 AM
Hi Chuck,

Not sure what model GPS sensor I have, if you let me know how to find out I can look.

M
05-05-17, 10:28 AM
Marc,

Q1) The DSM 300 works fine but am open to suggestions. I am only trolling the edge here and occasionally marlin fishing so would welcome your thoughts onwhat would work with my transducer.

A1) How deep do you fish? How deep is the shelf which you have identified.

Q2) Not sure what model GPS sensor I have, if you let me know how to find out I can look.
A2) Should the GPS sensor be disconnected from it's base, then you will find a decal on the underside of the transducer specifying its product ID / serial number.
05-05-17, 03:16 PM
hi Chuck,

Edge here is 40 fathom - would like depths out to 150 for drifting.

Will grab model number this weekend and revert.

M
05-08-17, 09:09 AM
Marc,

Unfortunately, installation of any of the currently offered MFDs will require modifications to the helm, as none of Raymarine's currently manufactured MFDs is designed to exactly fit within the footprint and cutouts of the C80 MFDs which are presently installed onboard the boat.

Given
- the depths which you have indicated that the vessel will be operating in,
- and the desire to continue use of the currently installed transducer,
- and that you have an operating DSM, and
- the desire to have buttons in addition to touch screen controls
it would be recommended that you consider installation of an E70275 eS98 MFD and an E70274 eS97 MFD. These MFDs may be networked to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable and will share all system resources, yet be able to be independently configured to display whatever supported data desired. Given your location, it is recommended that one Navionics Platinum Plus Chart card providing coverage for Bermuda be separately purchased from a Navionics dealer ... cartography is shared between the MFDs. It is recommended that the Navionics web site be consulted to determine which Platinum Plus chart card provides coverage of Bermudan waters.

The currently installed DSM300 may be interfaced to either of the MFD's via an assembly constructed from an A80272 SeaTalkhs (M) to RayNet (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The internal 600W 50kHz/200kHz sonar circuitry of the eS97 may function as a backup to the system should the DSM someday fail. In the case of the latter, the transducer would simply be disconnected from the DSM300 and connected to an E66066 Transducer Adapter, which in turn would be connected to the Transducer socket of the eS97 MFD.

The eS98 MFD features internal CHIRP (conical) / DownVision Fishfinder Sonar circuitry. Should it be desired to add 600' CHIRP (conical) / DownVision Fishfinder sonar features to the system, then you would simply need to interface a compatible CHIRP (conical) / DownVision transducer to the Transducer socket of the eS98 MFD.

Regarding VHF communications, its recommended that an E70245 Ray60 or E70251 RAY70 VHF be installed onboard. The latter model of VHF radio additionally supports loud hailer and AIS reception. A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone will need to be constructed onboard. The Data Master MFD and VHF radio will each be interfaced to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. SeaTalkngShould a GPS sensor supporting SeaTalk communications (ex. Raystar 125 GPS Sensor) be installed onboard, then it would be recommended the backbone include an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Raymarine does not offer stereo head units. However, maximum integration with Raymarine systems will occur with Rockford Fosgate head units having a NMEA 2000 communications interface and Fusion Stereo head units having a Ethernet communications interface (ex. 750 Series).

In order to specify an autopilot for the system, it would be necessary to have you identify details of the hydraulic steering system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.