Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible converter cables ?
05-04-17, 02:41 PM
Possible converter cables ?
Hello,
I purchased a Raymarine A128 earlier and it's working great. Thank you! I recently pick up a newer used model auto pilot head and I50.
I want to replace my ST7000 and Tri Data. To better match the new display. Will this work without changing any other parts of my auto pilot or computers? If so what cable and converters part numbers do I need for purchase? I can send pics but could not resize them to work here.
Thanks
Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-17, 03:23 PM
RE: Possible converter cables ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ray,

What is the part number / serial number printed on the label found on the back side of the new autopilot control head?
05-04-17, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-17 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck!

E221660130183

Thanks
05-05-17, 08:26 AM
Ray,

The i50, i60, and i70 MFDs feature communications circuitry which will support SeaTalk communications or SeaTalkng communications, but cannot simultaneously support both SeaTalk and SeaTalkng communications. Accordingly, these products may should not be connected to a SeaTalk bus and also to the spur socket of a SeaTalkng backbone or other compatible device which has been interfaced as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone. These products may be interfaced to a SeaTalk bus (ex. D244 SeaTalk Junction Block, SeaTalk socket of device designed to accept a 3-pin press-fit SeaTalk Plug, etc.) via an A22165 SeaTalkng to SeaTalk Cable. This cable and its capabilities should not be confused with those of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, which is designed to function as a data bridge between a SeaTalk bus to a SeaTalkng backbone.

The p70, p70S, p70R, and p70RS Evolution Autopilot Control heads also feature communications circuitry which will support SeaTalk communications or SeaTalkng communications, but cannot simultaneously support both SeaTalk and SeaTalkng communications. In order to ensure that the p70 Autopilot Control Head which you have purchased is compatible with your autopilot course computer, please specify the model/serial number of the autopilot course computer.