Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine Network Updated Diagram
05-06-17, 08:30 AM
Raymarine Network Updated Diagram
After I posted my diagram for my new Raymarine Axiom network yesterday I realized the connection between the iTC-5 and i70s and backbone was not correct because I didn't understand the connectors correctly. I revised the diagram to what I believe is correct by adding two additional T-Pieces to the backbone and separate Devicenet Adaptor Male cables from the new backbone T-Pieces to the iTC-5 and i70s respectively. Sorry about the multiple posts. Could you please take a look and see if the network diagram works?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-17, 01:23 PM
RE: Raymarine Network Updated Diagram
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tamrow,

The Ethernet portion of your diagram appears to be correct. However, the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 portion of the diagram is incorrect in that the iTC-5 is designed to be installed as a backbone component, not as a device to be interfaced as a spur. Rather than install Maretron's field installable DeviceNet Micro-C plugs onto a Raymarine SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to then permit the iTC-5 to be installed within the Maretron backbone shown, you may want to consider constructing the backbone of SeaTalkng networking components to make things easier. Raymarine offers DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapters in 400mm (A06045) and 1m (A06075) lengths. Should the MFDs be located more than 1m from a socket within the backbone, then a up to 4m of third party DeviceNet (F) to DeviceNet (M) Cable may be used in conjunction with the aforementioned SeaTalkng Spur Adapters to interface the MFD to the SeaTalkng backbone. The Actisense NGW-1 may also be easily adapted to be mated to a SeaTalkng spur socket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply