Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics
05-14-17, 05:59 PM
Navionics
I recently purchased a boat with a pair of G120/GPM400 MFDs, which had a Navionics card for another part of the US. I bought a Platinum CF card and put it into the master GPM-400, and I'd like to know if there is a way to verify that the GPM is using the charts from the card. It's hard to see a difference between the embedded charts and the new ones, if they're being used.

Thanks,

Josh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-17, 02:14 PM
RE: Navionics
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Josh,

It is recommended that the GPM400's memory card reader be tested to verify that it is operational (ex. try saving waypoint/route data to the CF memory card within the GPM400's memory card reader). If
- the GPM400's reader is operational, and
- a chart card is present in the GPM400's memory card reader, and
- the chart card features cartography which is more recent than that which has been programmed into the GPM400's memory,
then the design of the GPM400's software will use data from the chart card when displaying cartography in the geographic area supported by the chart card. When displaying cartography outside of the geographic area supported by the chart card, the GPM400's software will display cartography which has been programmed into the GPM400's memory. The user interface of the GPM400 does not include commands to display whether the source of the cartography being is that which has been programmed into the GPM400's memory or is from a chart card.
05-15-17, 02:47 PM
Thanks Chuck - I was able to write to a CF card, and to update firmware, so I will assume it's reading from the card.
05-15-17, 04:02 PM
You're welcome.