Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Fuel Used
05-15-17, 10:12 AM
E120 Fuel Used
I have Yamaha F250's connected to my E120 via a NMEA2k network. I get all of the engine data on my MFD, but can't figure out how to get the "fuel used" value to work. I get fuel burn, so presumably fuel used would simply be a math function storing the fuel burned values.

Can you tell me how to get this feature to work properly? I would much rather use this feature than a tank level sensor in my tanks due to their shape.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-17, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-17 10:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E120 Fuel Used
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Travis,

Unlike the current MFD designs supporting LightHouse II software (i.e. Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs), earlier MFD designs did not include trip fuel usage calculations which would result in an estimated fuel remaining data being displayed by the MFD. Instead, the software of the earlier MFD designs simply repeated data found within PGN 127497 - Engine Trip Parameters. I suspect that should a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 & PC w/NMEA Reader software, etc.) be interfaced to your SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, you will find that this PGN is not among the PGNs transmitted by your engine system's NMEA 2000 gateway.
05-15-17, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-17 01:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Short of upgrading my MFD, any other products I can add to my network to get that PGN?
05-15-17, 01:16 PM
Travis,

You may want to look at NMEA 2000 fuel flow monitoring displays (ex. Lowrance LMF-200, LMF-400, etc.) and the associated fuel flow sensors. However installing such a device may result in duplication of data within the system for fuel rate. As E-Series Classic MFDs did not support multiple sources of the same type of data interfacing both a fuel flow monitor and engines to the Raymarine system may result in the data displayed on by the MFD dithering between the two sources. If installing a fuel monitoring display and associated sensors, it is recommended that the NMEA 2000 backbone created to interface the NMEA 2000 fuel monitoring devices be separate from that which the MFD is currently interfaced to.