Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine Cable Identification
05-17-17, 03:06 PM
Raymarine Cable Identification
I pulled out a C80 classic, and a myriad of other items (GPS antenna, radar, etc) off my boat and replaced with new equipment.

I am trying to identify some of the left over cables in order to sell them, as some may be harder to find.

1) Twist on connector on one end (female with 5 holes, in an X layout), the raw cable side has a Black/White/Green/Yellow/Brown wire

2) Seatalk female (3 [censored]) push in connector on one end, other end is Red/Yellow/Metal raw wires.

3) Seatalk female (3 [censored]) push in connector on one end, other end is Red/Yellow/Black raw wires.

4) What is the model # of the radar power/data cable that would have gone from a C80 classic to the RD424 analog radar

I wish I had taken better notes when tearing the old stuff out. Is there a reference of all the seatalk style of wiring? I have pictures of the above if necessary.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-17, 10:29 AM
RE: Raymarine Cable Identification
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Q1) Twist on connector on one end (female with 5 holes, in an X layout), the raw cable side has a Black/White/Green/Yellow/Brown wire
A1. R08004 5-Way NMEA 0183 Cable

Q2) Seatalk female (3 [censored]) push in connector on one end, other end is Red/Yellow/Metal raw wires.
A2) SeaTalk cables are used to connect devices having a SeaTalk communications interface to other devices having a SeaTalk communications interface or to a SeaTalk bus to which other devices having a SeaTalk communications interface have been connected.

Q3) Seatalk female (3 [censored]) push in connector on one end, other end is Red/Yellow/Black raw wires.
Q3) Same as Q2

Q4) What is the model # of the radar power/data cable that would have gone from a C80 classic to the RD424 analog radar
A4) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply