Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-1 Linearization Problems
03-08-16, 09:19 AM
EV-1 Linearization Problems
I also have a problem with linearizing my EV-1. I have continued to run the boat at 3 to 15 knots so many times, I've burned over 40 gals. of fuel. I noticed that Steve from Raymarine says to run at that speed doing figure 8's and circles for 15 to 20 mins. The only thing I haven't done is the figure 8's. My EV-1 is under my center console and I have been very careful about things that may throw it off, however the arrow is green and pointing to the bow. Is there anything else I need to try (like the figure 8's) or do I also have to send it in to New Hampshire?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-16, 12:03 PM
RE: EV-1 Linearization Problems
What are you coming up with for a deviation? This is shown, by pressing MENU>SETUP>DIAGNOSTICS>ABOUT DISPLAY, scroll to the bottom of the page, where Deviation is reported.

Is the heading being reported, way off?
03-08-16, 12:24 PM
(03-08-16 12:03 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  What are you coming up with for a deviation? This is shown, by pressing MENU>SETUP>DIAGNOSTICS>ABOUT DISPLAY, scroll to the bottom of the page, where Deviation is reported.

Is the heading being reported, way off?

Deviation is ---, but one time it was 2 degrees but it disappeared. Now it's still showing ---. I don't see that the heading is way off, however I thought about taking it out of the console and trying the "sea trial".
03-08-16, 04:46 PM
With it showing (---) for deviation for the length of time you have explained. The issue is either interference within the console mounting location or the EV-1 Heading sensor. I would recommend removing from the console if possible and doing the seatrial with the system. Just to determine if the unit will acquire a deviation.
03-08-16, 08:03 PM
(03-08-16 04:46 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  With it showing (---) for deviation for the length of time you have explained. The issue is either interference within the console mounting location or the EV-1 Heading sensor. I would recommend removing from the console if possible and doing the seatrial with the system. Just to determine if the unit will acquire a deviation.

Thanks Steve. Even though the cable is short I'll try and see if there's a place to test it out. Otherwise I'll send it in.
03-09-16, 10:54 AM
Great, let us know the outcome.
03-14-16, 02:22 PM
(03-09-16 10:54 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Great, let us know the outcome.

Steve, the outcome is grave. No luck what so ever. I saw the address you posted on another situation like mine. I will follow that, unless you have something else in mind. I plan on shipping just the EV-1 without anything else, since you were specific with the other guy. The only thing I worry about is when I'll get it back because we are in Florida now but will be leaving in about a month or so.
03-15-16, 08:32 AM
The issue will be the EV-1 Heading sensor, for the issues you are explaining and that is the only unit that needs to be sent in. Unfortunately it does sound like an issue, with the troubleshooting you have tried so far. The unit can be sent to the below address to be evaluated by a service technician for repair or replacement. You can include a note to call with shipping information back to you, so when it is ready the technician will call and you can tell him where to send it back.

Raymarine Service Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063

Include in the box:
Name
Daytime Phone
Return address
Brief description of the issue
03-15-16, 08:27 PM
(03-15-16 08:32 AM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  The issue will be the EV-1 Heading sensor, for the issues you are explaining and that is the only unit that needs to be sent in. Unfortunately it does sound like an issue, with the troubleshooting you have tried so far. The unit can be sent to the below address to be evaluated by a service technician for repair or replacement. You can include a note to call with shipping information back to you, so when it is ready the technician will call and you can tell him where to send it back.

Raymarine Service Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063

Include in the box:
Name
Daytime Phone
Return address
Brief description of the issue

Steve, thanks for your patience and help during all this. I sent out the EV-1 today. Crossing my fingers. Thank you again.
03-16-16, 07:56 AM
We'll get this figured out. Let us know the outcome.