Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard horizon gx2200 connected to eS78
05-30-17, 08:04 PM
Standard horizon gx2200 connected to eS78
Hi

I recently purchase a eS78 and connect my vhf/ais gx2200 using a R70414 to it, it work fine until i reeboot the mfd, now its like i have lost the ais. I have only one source of gps and fully charged batterys. Any advice?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-17, 10:29 AM
RE: Standard horizon gx2200 connected to eS78
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jepetof,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject, paying particular attention to the items addressing the system's Data Master MFD and configuration of the Chart application page/pane being viewed. Should the items within the referenced FAQ have been addressed and should the problem persist, then it is recommended that a NMEA 2000 Analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/PC running Actisense NMEA Reader software, etc.) be interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to inspect the backbone for PGNs containing AIS target data. More information concerning NMEA 2000 PGNs may be found here. Should these PGNs be observed, then it would be recommended that the NMEA 2000 data be logged for at least 10 minutes and that the log then be attached to this thread for further analysis. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
06-01-17, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-17 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
This morning the ais was working for a few hours, i have checked the buffer for 10 minutes on nmea 0183 port#1 and couldnt see any $AIVDO or $AIVDM sentences. Is it possible to not have those and still have ais data on the plotter? I have check pretty much everything but the wrap around test.
06-02-17, 09:10 AM
Jepetof,

Q: i have checked the buffer for 10 minutes on nmea 0183 port#1 and couldnt see any $AIVDO or $AIVDM sentences. Is it possible to not have those and still have ais data on the plotter?
A: Negative. VDO and VDM are the primary NMEA 0183 sentence identifiers used to transmit own ship and other vessel AIS data messages respectively.